Kaiser Permanente / kaiser certification of doctors

1 United States

Just curious as to why it takes so long for Kaiser to certify their doctors.
My primary care doctor relocated to another city. I was not notified of this until I called to schedule my annual physical. Then I was told there was not another doctor that I could see (although 2 had been recently hired) because Kaiser puts the physicians through a rigorous certification process. That was almost six months ago and the physician I chose as my replacement primary care provider is still not certified and I am informed it may take an additional 6-12 months. This is ridiculous! I believe it is a marketing ploy to reroute patients to their specific facilities and physicians. The facility I have utilized is located approximately one mile from my home- why should I have to go 5-10 miles away. It wastes gas- increases my carbon footprint and quite frankly wastes my time as do your continued phone calls asking one to call back only to hear a message that does nothing more than promote the wonders of Kaiser. I already know and appreciate what Kaiser provides.
Also, sure would help if you could update your "find a doctor" pages on the website. During my process of trying to find another primary care physician, I called no less than 23 providers listed in your pages as currently accepting new patients- only to find out that 22 of them were NOT accepting new patients and the one that was, could schedule me with an appointment 8 months out.
Thanks for listening/reading