Menu
WebMD Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

WebMD
reviews and complaints

www.webmd.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 67 Reviews

How responsive is WebMD's customer service?

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that WebMD is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by WebMD's silence.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for WebMD has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

WebMD reviews and complaints 17

Newest WebMD reviews and complaints

E
12:00 am EDT

WebMD Mixed Feelings About WebMD

As someone who values reliable health information, I have mixed feelings about WebMD. On one hand, it is a go-to source for many, offering detailed and clear health information, including a handy symptom checker. However, recent controversies, such as the CEO's approach to remote work, have raised concerns about the company's values and treatment of employees. The abundance of ads on the site can be overwhelming, disrupting the reading experience. While WebMD remains a useful resource for health information, it's essential to approach it with a critical eye and consider alternative sources for a well-rounded perspective.

K
4:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD On October 20th I contacted WEBMD to make a purchase, I provided all relevant information requested

On October 20th I contacted WEBMD to make a purchase, I provided all relevant information requested. They state the product ships in one day. After three days it had not shipped, I contacted them three times to find out why it hadn't shipped, they stated at that time I needed to send a selfie, but the original choices were State ID (drivers license) or a selfie. I send a copy of my drivers license. After four days I requested a refund, but they denied it stating they don't give refunds. So I have not received the product or my money back! They refuse a refund, while keeping the product.

4:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD On 8-4-2022, I noticed that our medical practice was listed incorrectly on the WebMD Care site

On 8-4-2022, I noticed that our medical practice was listed incorrectly on the WebMD Care site. It had providers who are not (and have never been) part of our office listed. It listed false information about one of our providers. It says we accept insurances we have never heard of. It has us practicing in multiple locations when we have one. It says we speak more than English, which is not true. And it identified us with three specialties, one of them being pain management which appeals to people seeking narcotics. I tried to "claim" the profile, as the office manager, as I have done for many other sites listing our information. It gave me a form to fill out, and then wouldn't allow me to edit anything, but said someone would call me. Someone called me right away and basically told me that we would have to pay them money to update or change anything on the profile, otherwise we are stuck with it. They also mentioned an association with Vitals.com during this call, and when I went out to Vitals, they have the same exact form to fill out to claim your business. I didn't do it. These are manipulative and dishonest practices, in my opinion. We didn't ask to be listed on WebMD Cares, nobody asked us for our correct information, and they refuse to correct it without us paying. That's extortion! They are demanding money to properly list us online, when we didn't ask to be part of their site in the first place. Disheartening from a company so many people go to for trusted information.

Is WebMD legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals WebMD as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, WebMD stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering WebMD should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

WebMD earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: WebMD achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

WebMD has received 9 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Webmd.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Webmd.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Webmd.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with WebMD, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

A trust mark has been identified for a webmd.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

WebMD as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several mixed reviews for WebMD have been found on various review sites. While some customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported issues with their products or customer service. It's important to read and consider a variety of reviews before making a decision to purchase from this website.

WebMD website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While WebMD has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • WebMD protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  1. Pros
    1. Trusted medical information source
    2. Wide range of health topics
    3. Expert-reviewed content
    4. User-friendly interface
    5. Symptom checker tool
  1. Cons
    1. Ad-heavy content can detract from user experience.
    2. Some information may be outdated or inaccurate.
    3. Limited depth in certain niche medical topics.
    4. Potential bias due to pharmaceutical sponsorship.

WebMD I signed an advertising contract with WebMD in October of 2022

I made an advertising agreement with WebMD in October. The first payment got taken from my account on 10/19. This contract was for 6 months, costing $150 each month. The person who sold me this contract told me my advertisement would show at the top of the screen and be included in WebMD articles. But, I have looked on WebMD many times and never see my advertisement anywhere. Also, WebMD runs the advertising platform Vitals, where it was said my ad would be in a prominent spot. However, when I search for myself on Vitals, I can't find it or it shows up only after scrolling through many listings. My Vitals ad is so low down that people will probably stop looking before they find me. My account manager, I have sent emails and left phone calls asking for help to make my ad do better, but he hasn't replied since 1/24/23 when I asked to stop my advertising contract and he said no. He hasn't helped to make my ad perform better. I can advertise by myself for no cost, so paying $150 a month was supposed to give me professional help to make my business stand out online. However, this hasn't happened. I'm paying $150 a month and it's not helping me. With my health issues, I have a very small practice and can't afford to pay $150 a month if I don't see any return. I wish to stop my WebMD advertising contract from 2/1/2023 and want back the $450 I've paid until now. I'm thankful for your help with this issue.

B

WebMD Rhonda Keller FNP

Rhonda is a wonderful, compassionate and knowledgeable FNP. She always listens to you so she understands what course of action needs to be taken or what tests need to be completed. She is very knowledgeable about the medical world and works hard to continue increasing her knowledge. Her compassion is top notch. She makes you feel like you are the only patient she has and takes her time with you and answers all questions professionally and explains so the patient understands... not in medical jargon. I highly recommend Rhonda.

WebMD WEBMD

WEBMD is my Go To sight. With my husband having serious medical problems and NUMEROUS prescriptions that I usually cannot even pronouce I go to WEBMD for the information. I first learned about WEBMD when my daughter was going through RN school. She often went to their site to clarify her studies. In addition to information on Medical problems and prescriptions they also have Videos of different surgical procedures. It really helps to completely understand what the Doctors are talking about. I would be lost without the backup from WEBMD...

WebMD Dr. Lee Gibstein Plastics

If you are looking for a knowledgeable, Honest, caring, patient doctor. It's Dr. Lee Gibstein! From the moment you enter his spotless office, you are greeted By Jenny! From that exact moment, you know you are in the right place. She is sweet like sugar. His staff, Michele, his office manager Monica, his nurse Tamara and there are more to name are amazing. Dr. Gibstein has done various procedures on me, he takes his time explains and always makes me feel comfortable and relaxed. I trust this man implicitly. Don't look further, go to Dr Lee Gibstein!

WebMD Best Pain Doc!

Being a chronic pain patient for 17 years, I've experienced many pain doctors. Doctor Ozaktay is among the very best that I've ever had! He takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem areas, gets to know you personally and remembers you.

His front office is a disaster, but Dr. O more than makes up for the hassle. The Surgery Center that he works from is not in a good neighborhood, but the Pre-Op and Surgery Rooms are acceptable.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr O. If you live in the Fort Lauderdale or surrounding areas, he is the best. I drive 70 miles each way to see him.

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD I LOVE WebMD! Great Information!

Although I've been disabled and unable to work, I was an RN-BSN (I still am, if you count keeping my license current as being an RN). WebMD's biggest strength in my daily life is that their medication, complementary supplements, herbs, and vitamins are so detailed. That database includes 1. Uses, 2. Potential benefits, based on research, 3. Side Effects, and 4. Interactions, among other things. They are very unbiased.
WebMD sponsors or develops a wonderful site for healthcare workers or laypeople, called Medscape. I can't describe how much you could learn from Medscape, especially if you are a doctor or healthcare worker. It is so comprehensive and peer-reviewed because of the chances for members of Medscape to comment on the articles. As I said, I LOVE WebMD!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD Excellent advice and easy to read

Excellent advice and easy to read - WebMD has become a very commercial site now with articles written for the general public. They have a great search system, videos, Q&A by doctors and they have pretty much dominated this sector of the market. I would say just be careful not to confuse the real articles with the advertisements on this site. Most importantly, this information can be used to supplement what your own physian's advice and NOT be used to diagnose yourself. As a physician, I have seen so many patients who read something on the internet, completely convinced they have a particular disease. Upon seeing them in the office they are completely wrong and misguided by information they read on the internet. For the sake of being safe, leave the diagnosing to an experienced physician and use great websites such as these to supplement your doctors advice.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD I like this site a lot

I like this site a lot. I have found many good doctors in the past from this site. I have used this site as a reference for many different types of topics that may refer to many medical conditions for friends and family. They have a wide variety of topics related to different illnesses that someone may be experiencing. Web Md has been a helpful tool in finding doctors in the areas where someone resides. I found a primary care physician here that I love. I have been going to this doctor for awhile now. Web Md is loaded with fact based literature to help patients. They explain in detail what the illness you already have or might be getting. Then you can check the list to find help for a specialist in your area. I hope this site helps others as it has helped me. I love all the topics they have. I have learned so much from this site. So if you need medical advise or just want to learn what to look out for where your health is concerned. Check this site out.

WebMD Friendly, Professional Small Town Doctor

I needed a physician once I moved south from Austin. My friends (whom I trust) suggested Dr. Randall Kirtley in Lockhart. I took their advice and was so glad that I did. His staff was so pleasant and it did not take very long at all to get a new patient appointment. Another doctor I tried had an 8 week waiting period! I found his staff to be friendly but professional. Dr. Kirtley took the time to get to know me. He went over all the questions his nurse had asked me, took time to hear my health history and let me know (in the course of the visit) that he was a Christian (I am as well). I felt like I had stepped back in time a bit. I remember as a kid having a family doctor like this, but I have not seen this in MANY years. Today it seems like everyone is in such a hurry to get you in, rush you through and scoot you out the door. Not at Dr. Kirtley's office. I have been very pleased with the care I have received at Dr. Kirtley's office and suggest him to anyone looking for a caring doctor that listens. While I do live outside of Lockhart, the easy drive to his office beats fighting traffic on I-35.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD Too the USA w regaurd to medicade crisies now needing addressed to my best doctor and advocate

Dr. carr is my favorite doctor. She addresses with me my cronic pain matters! I have been seeing her now for years! Just her kind voice motivates me alone. She has been my best advocate as a cronic pain patient. She offers many remedys other than just pain management with her herbalistic np status as well. It troubles my heart to hear my medicaide coverage is no longer paying her for her services. We r in a crisis in this the usa people need to be aware! This is an urgent issue with complicated govt. Involvement to solve! Without Dr. Carr I will be at a loss as to treeting my cronic pain and a futher burden on the system in the long run without her! Her care has been outstanding. I am a 61 yr. Old woman with multible complex disabilitys and she has been by my side the whole way through! She encourges me. She gives me hope. Through the thick and thin of my complexitys she has been there for me.Through out the Covid crisis she didnt falter. We masked up and proceeded! Please this is alarming that after yrs of service from my Dr. her practice is now in jeporody! As well as the wonderful care I have always recieved from her! We need to come together now and make changes to the md. Medicade system,were in trouble! More to follow up, I can not afford to lose this precious doctor. As I am comming into my up comming knee replacement surgury I will need to follow my pain regimen precisly with her on going appreciated,desperatly needed care! I pray my words r heard and changes r made in time. Time is running out. By not being able to afford my health care I see my condition going down hill and becomming more expensive over all! As I saw my Dr. today and sit here iceing my knee,begining my physical therapy,taking my medication as prescribed,and looking to the future I am dismayed to know that all my doctors efforts could be in jepordy and thus my care no longer be available by no choice of mine or my wonderful doctor of so many years. Cronic pain is difficult to manage and Molly puts her heart in to every appointment with regaurd to my current and on going care.I urge u if u see this to act now before its too late! We can not afford to lose another doctor like Dr. Carr. These r my 50 words of which for Dr. Carr (Molly) I could write chapters,that is the level of her on going care.Thank u Donna Verrill (fioravanti) 6/22/23

N
10:38 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WebMD worst experience of my life

I waited an hour to be seen. when asking the front desk they said he always runs late and they knew before I even checked in and never said anything, when I complained I was treated so badly. they make comments behind my back but loud enough for me to hear. then when I saw the doctor, he was so unprofessional. He didn't even have me put on a gown asked me to drop my pants to look at the cyst on my groin. he barely looked at it and told me I would need to be put under and have surgery. comments by the staff continued. I was so uncomfortable, I left there in tears. I called my primary doctor who put me on antibiotics and gave me instructions and the cyst went away. I have NEVER in my life experienced such rudeness and disrespect. It was bad enough that the staff was rude, but then for the doctor to not only allow this but to join in on it was just appalling. I never do this, but I am going to add this review to as many sites as I can. I wouldn't want anyone else to go thru this

Update by Nancy Freitas

I have read similar reviews to mine on other websites, where I have also added my review of this experience in hopes of preventing this from happening to someone else. we are vulnerable as patients and rely on providers to show compassion of which this doctor had NONE. I felt violated in some way in the manner that he examined me, not even giving me a gown, just having me drop my pants while right in front of him. there was no privacy, no empathy, no professionalism from him and his staff. just a horrible and humiliating experience.

9:56 am EST

WebMD Review from person who made malicious comments about me

Some unnamed anonymous so called nurse left false information about me , Dr Mark Walker , that has no basis in fact. And she claims also that she worked under my supervision .

This person appears to be hateful and malicious and I want this review to be removed promptly.

Also a lot of other so called employment information about me is outdated by some years .

Desired outcome: Removal of malicious review and update biographical information please.

8:43 pm EDT

WebMD Offensive, inappropriate and obscene review

I was researching Dr. Kathleen Luise Todd, DO https://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/kathleen-todd-c521ba3c-1cb5-474b-840f-ccbd6aa29cad-overview on your site and the first review I read was from 2020, and it was so OFFENSIVE and INAPPROPRIATE that I couldn’t believe it hasn’t been removed by now. It was obscene, profane, defamatory, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, and I was embarrassed for the Dr. I hope that you review this review and remove it for obvious reasons.

Desired outcome: Review removed.

View 0 more photos
T
1:47 am EST

WebMD contradictory information

I am not sure this site is informative.
Most of the articles have blurred and contradictory information.
They never show where they take this information from, so you never know whether it's true or not, you can't assure people of something if you have no proofs (if you need my proofs, all you have to do is to read their articles or look for symptoms and you will understand)

Read full review of WebMD and 1 comment
1 comment
I
I
Irina A Kochersperger
, US
Jan 20, 2024 6:46 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If I could give Negative stars - I would! I have tried to advertise with WebMD for 5 months - ZERO leads, ZERO patients! When I tried to call and cancel the services - they don't return my phone calls, don't respond to emails either. I just want to warn all of the physicians - do NOT advertise with WebMD!

WebMD In-depth Review

In summary, WebMD stands as a comprehensive resource for health-related information. It provides a wide range of content and tools that are useful for individuals seeking to understand various health conditions, symptoms, and treatments. While the site excels in many areas, there are also aspects that could be improved to enhance the user experience.

Website Usability

1. Navigation and Layout: WebMD website is easy to navigate with clear categories and search function. However, sometimes too much information on one page can overwhelm.
  2. Mobile Responsiveness: The site works well on mobile devices, adapting its layout to fit smaller screens.
  3. Accessibility Features: WebMD includes some accessibility features, but more could be done to assist users with disabilities.

Content Quality

1. Accuracy of Medical Information: The information is generally accurate, with content reviewed by medical professionals.
  2. Depth and Breadth of Content: WebMD covers a wide range of health topics, providing in-depth information on each.
  3. Sources and References: Articles are well-sourced, with references listed to support the information presented.

User Engagement

1. Interactive Tools: Tools like Symptom Checker and Pill Identifier are very helpful for users to understand their health concerns.
  2. Community and Forums: The community forums are active, allowing users to connect and share experiences.
  3. User Comments and Reviews: Users can leave comments and reviews, which adds to the community feel of the site.

Expertise and Authority

1. Credentials of Contributing Medical Professionals: Contributors are credentialed professionals, which adds to the site's authority.
  2. Editorial Standards and Practices: WebMD maintains high editorial standards, ensuring content quality and accuracy.
  3. Partnerships with Health Organizations: The site has partnerships with reputable health organizations, further establishing its credibility.

Health Resources

1. Variety of Health Topics Covered: A broad range of health topics are covered, from common illnesses to rare diseases.
  2. Availability of Health Management Tools: Various tools are available to help users manage their health, including trackers and planners.
  3. Wellness and Lifestyle Resources: There are numerous resources on wellness and lifestyle, encouraging healthy living.

Privacy and Security

1. Data Protection Policies: WebMD has clear data protection policies in place to safeguard user information.
  2. User Confidentiality Measures: Measures are taken to ensure user confidentiality, though specifics are not always clear.
  3. Transparency in Data Usage: The site could improve transparency regarding how user data is used.

Customer Support

1. Availability of Support Channels: Multiple support channels are available, including email and phone support.
  2. Responsiveness to User Inquiries: Response times vary, but generally, user inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
  3. Quality of Assistance: The quality of support is generally good, with knowledgeable staff providing assistance.

Advertising and Commercial Transparency

1. Clarity of Sponsored Content: Sponsored content is usually marked, but could be made clearer to distinguish from editorial content.
  2. Influence of Advertisements on Content: There is a significant amount of advertising, which can sometimes be distracting.
  3. Disclosure of Partnerships and Affiliations: Partnerships and affiliations are disclosed, contributing to the site's transparency.

Mobile App Availability and Features

1. Functionality of Mobile App: The WebMD mobile app is functional and offers many of the same features as the website.
  2. Comparison with Website Features: The app compares well with the website, though some features may be limited on mobile.
  3. User Ratings and Feedback: User ratings and feedback on the app are generally positive, indicating a good user experience.

Educational Value

1. Usefulness for Patient Education: WebMD is a valuable resource for patient education, with easy-to-understand explanations.
  2. Resources for Healthcare Professionals: There are also resources aimed at healthcare professionals, though these could be expanded.
  3. Contribution to Public Health Awareness: The site contributes significantly to public health awareness through its comprehensive content.

Regularity of Updates

1. Frequency of Content Updates: Content is updated regularly, ensuring information is current.
  2. Keeping Up with Medical Advances: WebMD keeps up with medical advances, incorporating new findings into its content.
  3. Revision of Outdated Information: Outdated information is revised, though the process for identifying and updating such content could be more transparent.

Overall User Experience

1. Satisfaction with Information Provided: Users are generally satisfied with the information provided by WebMD.
  2. Trustworthiness and Credibility: The site is considered trustworthy and credible, thanks to its authoritative sources and professional review process.
  3. Comparison with Other Health Information Websites: Compared to other health information websites, WebMD is comprehensive and user-friendly, though it faces stiff competition in certain areas.

Additional Services

1. Online Consultations: WebMD offers online consultations, which can be very convenient for users.
  2. Health Insurance Information: There is information available on health insurance, which can be helpful for users navigating insurance options.
  3. Prescription Drug Information and Discounts: The site provides prescription drug information and sometimes discounts, which can be beneficial for cost savings.

Social Media Presence

1. Activity on Social Platforms: WebMD is active on social media platforms, sharing valuable health information.
  2. Quality of Information Shared: The quality of information shared on social media is consistent with the website's standards.
  3. Engagement with Users: Engagement with users on social media is good, with WebMD responding to comments and questions.

Pros and Cons

1. Summary of Strengths: WebMD's strengths include a wide range of health topics, accurate information, and helpful tools.
  2. Areas for Improvement: The site could improve by reducing the influence of advertisements and enhancing accessibility features.
  3. Overall Recommendation: Overall, WebMD is recommended for those seeking reliable health information and resources.
How to file a complaint about WebMD?

Here is the guide on how to file a complaint or review about WebMD on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have one, create a new account on the website.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with WebMD in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with WebMD. Mention key areas of concern, any transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, the company's response, and the personal impact of the issue.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data in these documents.

6. Filling optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint or review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps carefully to effectively file your complaint or review about WebMD on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact WebMD customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with WebMD?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WebMD Customer Service. Initial WebMD complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for WebMD above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about WebMD. Discuss the issues you have had with WebMD and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.