Kaiser Permanente / scam

United States Review updated:
Kaiser Permanente
Every thing started when I called Kaiser Permanente in Mountain View, CA to get proof that I was immune to

Hepatits B (for work purposes). When I received the bill in the mail, I was

charged for 4 additional tests that I never asked for. The total bill was $690. I filed a grievance with Kaiser

Permanente and it was denied because they claimed I asked for these tests. When I asked, "Who said I asked for

these tests?" The doctor said, "There was a note on my desk and it wasn't signed." I ask them to search the phone

records, and they said they found nothing. What it boils down to is they have no record of me asking for these

tests and they are taking the doctor's word against mine. Please help!!! I don't want to pay for tests that I never

asked for in the first place.

A  21st of Sep, 2009 by
They charged my pregnant wife $2, 000 for a sickle cell test. They told her they were doing routine blood work and did not tell us they were taking the test. This is our second pregnancy. The first baby was born without any complications and we have no history of sickle cell in any of our families. We are both white, where sickle cell happens to approximately 1 in every 100, 000 babies. How is this routine? We have been appealing this for months and they simply will not cooperate.

Kaiser Permanente Logo Kaiser Permanente