K-mart / Product: Route 66 / false advertising

1 2600 Lincoln Way EMassillon, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 330-832-5018

A rack with about 30 or so Rt 66 shirts had a sign on top of the rack that said 30% off. We bought one of the shirts and was charged full price. We went straight to the customer service desk to question this. A lady from there walked back to the shirt rack, came back to the cashier at customer service and told her to give us the 30% off but it was only supposed to be for knit shirts only. We did get our discount but I went back afterwards to read the sign again. It said 30% off Rt 66 knit shirts. The shirts were all the same on the rack... cotton, long sleeved. There was not one "knit" shirt on the rack. I took the sign off the rack and asked the lady about this who gave us the discount. She said, what are you complaining about?...I gave you the discount. I told her it was a matter of principle! They shouldn't have a big 30% off sign on a whole rack of clothes when there is not even one item on the rack that qualifies. I told her to throw the sign away because it just wasn't right. I wasn't looking to get something at a discount that wasn't on sale, but was made to feel like they were doing us a favor by giving the discount for something it wasn't meant for. I think they had better get their act together. I was honestly thinking of putting my job application in there but don't think I'd want to work for a wacky place like that.

Ja

Comments

• Ge
      6th of Aug, 2010

she gave you discount, for an item that wasnt on sale and you continue to complain.