[Resolved] JustAnswer / being charged for an answer to a "free" add on question after my problem was stated.

If you are new to JustAnswer, be careful with first transaction. In my case this was an automobile related repair incident. Paid the initial $5.00 to sign in and was advised of a higher charge for an acceptable answer. Then I communicated the problem and did so just as if perhaps I were describing my problem to a service manager or mechanic. Then another queston popped up asking for any additional info. Went back and added a more complete history of the problem. I believe this popped up one more time. then after clicking Submit or something similar. a message popped up stating there was a free question option. So, since this was an overheating problem etc, I asked if the water pumps on this particular vehicle had a steel/metal or composite impeller. I had found some debris below the the thermostat and suspected water pump damage. Thus the question about composition of the impeller. When I finally received an "answer" the guy explained to me what a water pumps function was, and nothing about composition of impeller. So that must be the question that the guy charged me for. He was confused because in my numerous explanations of what the problem was, he did not apparently see a question mark. So none of my wasted effort was construed as a question. So, if you see a "free" question at the end of your initial question, leave it blank. The profit was in almost answering the water pump question. Anyway, I cancelled my subscription and hope to never see another charge for their service.

• Resolution statement

• JustAnswer Customer Care's Response, Oct 24, 2017

Hello Modifyit,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this experience, it sounds like there may have been some miscommunication about the nature of the mechanical issue that you were having and that that may have caused what you experienced.

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you were able to manage the membership option using our self help tools. If you have any other questions about the site or your account, we'd be happy to work to resolve any outstanding concerns.

Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team 24 hours a day by email at [protected]@justanswer.com or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

Sincerely,
    Adam Roesel - Customer Support Coordinator.

Mo