Just Brakes — Avoid the scam
Went to a Just Brakes in Houston, on HWY 6. They took my brakes apart, had me come into the garage and quoted me $800. I said I wanted a second opinion. They told me they didn't know if they could put it back together because they broke some part taking it apart. I didn't say anything, I just went and sat down. 45 minutes later the manager comes in and tries to tell me I need to walk down the road to a auto parts store and buy a part myself, out of pocket. I said, "No. If you couldn't get it back together, you shoudln't have taken it apart." They called some kind of general manager, or the main manager, and he can in and looked at the car and left. Then they ended up putting it back together. I can imagine that some people might just get intimidated by this stuff. The mechanic and the manager on duty, basically made it seem like if I didn't pay the $800 repair I would have an unusable car and that I couldn't drive it out of there. I was prepared to pay more than the 99.88 fee they advertise, I understand there's other stuff that often needs to be done. But they tried to charge me 8 times as much, and then tried to bully me into doing it by acting like they couldn't get my car to be driveable.
Stay away- avoid! This place is very shady.
More Just Brakes Complaints & Reviews
- Just Brakes - royal ripoff - stay clear: A MUST READ 
- Just Brakes - Bad business 
- Just Brakes - Fraud and cheating 
- Just Brakes - Bunch of Liars 
- Just Brakes - Terrible experience 
- Just Brakes Snellville, GA - Really Bad Business Ethics 
- Just Brakes - What a rip off 
- Just Brakes #604 - Unscrupulous practices
- Just Brakes - Stay away! 
- Just Brakes - Terrible service/wrong repairs