Just BrakesAvoid the scam

Went to a Just Brakes in Houston, on HWY 6. They took my brakes apart, had me come into the garage and quoted me $800. I said I wanted a second opinion. They told me they didn't know if they could put it back together because they broke some part taking it apart. I didn't say anything, I just went and sat down. 45 minutes later the manager comes in and tries to tell me I need to walk down the road to a auto parts store and buy a part myself, out of pocket. I said, "No. If you couldn't get it back together, you shoudln't have taken it apart." They called some kind of general manager, or the main manager, and he can in and looked at the car and left. Then they ended up putting it back together. I can imagine that some people might just get intimidated by this stuff. The mechanic and the manager on duty, basically made it seem like if I didn't pay the $800 repair I would have an unusable car and that I couldn't drive it out of there. I was prepared to pay more than the 99.88 fee they advertise, I understand there's other stuff that often needs to be done. But they tried to charge me 8 times as much, and then tried to bully me into doing it by acting like they couldn't get my car to be driveable.

Stay away- avoid! This place is very shady.

Bd

Comments

• Jd
      Feb 01, 2010
    Just Brakes - Bad Deal - Hustlers
    Just Brakes
    Aurora
    Colorado

Don't use them. They are crooks. I experienced the same bait and swich, pull your car apart and needlessly sell you calipers, roters and any and everything they can think of to take your money. You get backed into a corner because your car is in pieces on the shop floor. Dishonest business people.

Mar 25, 2010
    Just Brakes - poor workmanship
    Just Brakes
    Colorado

The work done on my wifes Chevy Venture was of the lowest possiable quality.
    The over lathed the rear drums.
    On the fron the did calipers and pads and failed to seat the dust boot around the piston.
    This caused the pistons to not retract therby causing the pads to wear prematurely and grooving the roters.

• Eg
      Nov 28, 2010
    Just Brakes - ORGANIZED RIP OFF
    JUST BRAKES
    690 E SEMORAN BLVD
    Casselberry
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

WE WENT FOR 99.00 DOLLARS DEALS AFTER 20MINS OR SO OUR PISTON FROM REAR WAS LEAKING. iT WAS ESTIMATED 500.DOLLARS. WE INSISTED ALL WE WANTED WAS THE 99.00 DOLLARS DEAL AFTER THAT WE WERE TOLD WONT BE COMPLETED IF WE DO NOT ACCEPT. WE SAID NO SO THEY REDUCED TO 245.00 DOLLARS SOMETHING WE DID EXPECT TO PAY AT ALL. WE FELT LIKE WE WERE BEING HELD HOSTAGE. WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PAY WE WILL NOT GO THERE ANYMORE.

Nov 28, 2010

I went in to Just Brakes around 10 years ago in Canton, GA for one of their '99.00' deals and was told something very similar regarding additional servicing that was needed in the amount of around 500.00. I told them that didn't have the cash for that and the dropped it down to around 250. Afterward, I told them that I didn't have the cash for that either and they then started asking me questions like "how do you feel about driving an unsafe vehicle?" I kept repeating the fact that I did not have the cash and they finally stopped with their tactics. The service man drove my truck out of their bay in a very aggressive manner, slammed my door, threw my keys at me, and walked away like he was pissed off. They are schisters and I will NEVER visit them again. Their business model of intimidation, lies, and scare tactics will eventually eliminate their customer base.

Aug 29, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at [protected] to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.

Aug 29, 2014

forward to serving you.

• Lc
      Jan 25, 2015
    Just Brakes - extreme con artist
    just Brakes
    san antonio

DO NOT believe that Just Brakes is 'under new management' as they are trying to say in every response to the horrifying complaints. They are the same lying bottom feeders they always were. DO NOT use their services. I repeat DO NOT use Just Brakes for any reason