Jewelmint.com / The greed and manipulation of these sites is sickening

United States Review updated:

This site is fraudulent, as is any site with "mint" in the title (i.e. Shoemint, Stylemint). Started by Bergman, these sites take advantage of unsuspecting shoppers and share you EVERY month whether you purchase something or not, issuing you a "credit." Worse, they only give you 5 days of the month to "opt out" of being charged that month. I have never seen anything so fraudulent, and I'm sure it is just a matter of time until these sites are closed forever! Stay away. The greed and manipulation of these sites is sickening!

Lo

Comments

• Di
      26th of Jun, 2012

I've been a member withe Jewelmint.com for like 6 monthes and it's clear it's a membership based company in all of their terms and conditions. I also have a Stylemint.com account. I am not writing this because I'm a rep for Beachmint (the parent company of all the "mint" companies). In fact I'm a normal person in Madison, WI and work at an insurance company in the legal dept. This company really isn't fraudulent and if you want to cancel, they will do so via live chat in minutes. I have my account still and accidentally opened a second via a facebook purchase, so I cancelled theat account right away after getting my items in thee mail and have never been charged again. Also, if you want to stay a member and NOT get charged each monthe, all you have to do is go to your account and choose to "skip" theat monthe before the 5the of any month and they won't charge you at all. You can even manually make a purchase later if you change your mind and want sometheing theat monthe. Yes, I agree that many times sites like theis are not completely clear in their "terms" but you have to read things and put in some due diligence when making purchases online or you will have issues, and not just with Jewelmint. There are a TON of companies out there like this, for example, myglam.com, which I'm also a member of. Again, it's a recurring billing deal...which is clear when you sign up.