Jewel-Osco / unfair employee treatment

West Dundee, IL, United States Review updated:

I was fired a while back for something I did not do and was later unofficially told that I was fired for other reasons. At the time, I was 17 and I had kept certain items in my locker that I wanted hid from my parents (tobacco, maxim magazine.) I was called in a while after and was confronted about these items. The store manager, Glen Poulson, had broken open my locker and found them and was understandably concerned with what he assumed stolen property. So they brought in this nice woman and we went over my story and she told me she understood and would look into it. She also made me sign a paper (I was young and ignorant) that had a list of what was in my locker. Oddly enough I was fired two days later. I called the Union and they said there was nothing they could do so I accepted this act of douchebaggery. Later on, I ran into a fellow employee who I always talked politics with and he mentioned offhand that his mother had issued a complaint against me for talking politics with her. I talked politics with all the customers and never came across in a brash or demeaning way. He also told me that his mother and the manager were unusually close and that he loved her and would do anything for her. I believe that this was the true reason for my dismissal, especially since the manager had no reason to be in my locker.

Comments

• As
      Jul 14, 2018

Darryl Alexander
    Employee# 8986205
    Assistant Manage/Butcher

To whom it may concern, ,
    My name is Darryl Alexander and I am an employee at Jewels Osco 95th and Stony Island store 3092. I have been wrongfully suspended for two weeks. I am an Assistant Manager who has been wrongfully suspended and have been off work for two weeks with no pay. It has been over disagreement with another employee at the store and it was in the Grocery back room and not on the sales floor. The security was not present at the time.. My store directer told me and the other employee to go back to our work stations and he didn't take any steps in a suspension. He told us to not worry about it and go back to work. An hour later, a security Guard who was not only not present at the time of the issue, but also was off this day came to tell me I was suspended and this was two weeks ago. I am very upset with this because not only did I not get any say so in this matter, I am also a Assistant meat Department Manger, who has been with this company for over 12 years and i have never had a problem like this occur. Also I am paying my sick mother's hospital bills and now that I'm not working i can't afford to pay her bills while she is sick. Please someone reach out to me and help me get back to my job a.s.a.p.

Darryl Alexander