Jetstar / Flight re-schedule without informing

Here is my complaint

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am writing in to lodge a feed back case, it's regards to booking reference# NPSECD Registration# [protected]D. we had made an online booking with JetStar on 26-Nov-2008 a flight from Singapore to Thailand (BBK), the date of departure was on the SAT 07-Feb-2009 07:15 (GMT+8) and return on TUE 10-Feb-2009 21:15(GMT+7), we always think that JetStar is a trustworthy and reliable flight company to travel with, but we were very disappointed that it was ended up that we were advised by a JetStar agent at airport terminal 1 that the flight had already been re-scheduled, the date had revised to 06-Feb-2009 which is the day before due to the Bangkok protesting incident, it was a devastating, angry and the agent was totally rude and unproductive in fact it was disruptive, only told to call the customer service hotline if I wanted to complaint, me and 4 of my friends are all working adult, we had planned this holiday for a long time and hardly get a leave from our organization. It's really upset that we are unable to proceed as planned and we also had booked our hotel stay as scheduled for the 4 days, however i called up the call centre and was attended by one of their Customer Service Staff, name Mio at [protected] on 05:37AM that due to the system outage hence, they are unable to check the status of the flight even for the returning information and no resolution at the moment, she ensure that we will be able to get a total refund for the flight and but we need to call back on Monday, ultimately we manage to get a 2 ways ticket from Tiger airway to Bangkok at a high price of S$425 for each of us and waited for 4 hours until the next departure time as its already no alternative for us. The reason why we decided to book the flight more than 3 months in advance is because we want to enjoy the promotion rate and i sincerely hope that we will be able to get the full sum refund as we had paid more than expected for this short trip holiday, how can JetStar unilaterally confirmed the trip without seeking consent from the customer. This is definitely not acceptable and we had not been notified for any of the changes. Kindly contact us if you need to clarify on any of the information.

N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Called them again, spoke to one of their agent and managed to get a refund after 3 months and it’s after escalated to their manager. Only can considerate myself unlucky for paying another ticket.

Jetstar Airways Logo Jetstar Airways