JC Whitney / Poor disclosure
Order a Tonneau cover for my truck through JC Whitney. The order status stated item was shipped 3 weeks prior to my first inquiry. Never received merchandise and called 4 times. Twice they told me they would need to see if the item actually shipped and that they would return my call. They never responded. The 3rd time I demanded a refund andf they told me I could not have a refund since the item was listed as shipped. I explained that I had not received the item. They told me that they would call the manufacturer of the item to determine the actual ship date. Never called me back. Finally the 4th time I called and raised bloody murder they told me the item was on backorder. If the item was on backorder then why did my order status say it was shipped almost 4 weeks ago to this point? In fact, why did my order state the item was shipped at all if everytime I called they stated that they had to see if the item was actually shipped?
This is an all too common dirty trick. They know if they list the item on backorder then you will be likely to find the item at another retailer rather than wait, so they list it in stock and then give you the runaround for weeks. They told me my refund could take up to a week . This should be fun. I will NEVER do business with this company again.
More JC Whitney Complaints & Reviews
- JC Whitney - Excessive charges, questionable intent 
- JC Whitney - Shipped Item and Charged CC without any permission
- JC Whitney - Seat covers not properly advertised
- JC Whitney - false advertising/shipping issues
- JC Whitney - Provided Credit Card Number
- JC Whitney - watch out
- JC Whitney - Customer service
- JC Whitney - Return/customer service 
- JC Whitney - 2011 Audi A4 Driver Side Mirror
- JC Whitney - Customer Service