JC Penney / allowing dogs in store!
I was in JC Penney's at Cottonwood Mall, in Albuquerque, NM on Nov. 5, 2007. A black lady was at the Jewelry counter across from where I was and a white lady came in with a dog, she was a friend of the black lady. I am allergic to dogs so I asked my salesperson if dogs were allowed in the store. He said no, but he couldn't do anything about it, he was not a manager. I told the lady, dogs were not allowed, because no one said anything to her. She basically attacked me and came right in my face which was a threat. She called the manager, Joel, she said he was a friend of hers and indeed, he must have been. He did nothing about the dog and so the lady with the dog, sat down on the floor, in the middle of the isle and played with the dog. I left and I had Joel walk me to my car, for fear I would be attacked outside. He said they have had issues with this lady before and she has a nasty temper.
When I got home, I called the store manager and he said Joel had informed him of the incident. He said it wasn't clear what the rules were about dogs, other than service dogs, which are big dogs and very well behaved. This was a puppy, jumping all around. He said they would have to talk about it and decide if dogs could be in the store or not. If JC Penney allows dogs in their stores, you will not see me there. Can you imagine them running around where the clothes are, peeing on floors or worse. No thanks!
I hope your decision will be NO PETS, or you may end up with LESS HUMANS. Guess who buys things, it sure isn't pets.
Thank you, Rachel Springer.
More JC Penney Complaints & Reviews
- J.C Penney Hair Salon - jc penney hair salon 
- JCPenney - men in women's dressing room's 
- JC Penney Optical - under trained people working ing in the optical department 
- JC Penney Salon - horrible stylists! 
- JCPenney - employee abuse 
- JC Penney Company - customer service
- JC Penney Company - mattress and base
- JC Penney Company - samsung 22.6cf 4 door refrigerator
- JC Penney Company - online order for boys t-shirts 
- JC Penney Company - manager