Jared JewelersHorrible customer service

I went To Jared to have a vintage 3ct natura Russianl alexandrite and diamond halo ring repaired because one of the diamonds in the halo fell out, and needed replacing The technician inspected the ring and found in addition to the missing diamond, there was a microscopic chip on the girdle of the ring. After upselling me on "inspecting and tightening" the other settings, ($105) and a rhodium dip ($50)- this ring had been dipped by Jared just a MONTH before, the salesperson asked me the value of the ring. This was a vintage family heirloom with about 3/4 ct diamonds in 14k white gold w/ 3ct alex.- conservative estimate I put at 3K. The salesperson needed the stamp of approval from the manager. When it was reviewed- she (the manager) came and told me there was a chip in the alexandrite, therefore the ring had NO value, it was worthless, and they would take NO responsibility for the ring if I chose to have them fix it. She was cold, callous, and apathetic, reiterating it had no value several times.
The salesperson told her the technician had looked at it and said she could repair it with no problem, but the manager said, no, they would take no responsibility for it, and AGAIN said the ring was worthless.
This ring has alot of emotional value for me- when I got to my car, I broke down at cried.
I took it to a family owned jeweler with an excellent reputation-a friend recommended- turns out it could be repaired no problem (diamond fell out due to broken prong- they showed me with an eye magnifier) and also showed me how microscopic the chip was- could easily be recut with very little carat loss= very little devalue of the ring.

Ri
Jan 06, 2015

Comments

• Si
      May 23, 2015

Jared's langhorne pa have the rudest sales people on earth
    I went there to purchase a ring I stood by the case more than ten minutes and no one ever helped me even though there were all of 3 customers including me there and more than 4 salespeople most of which were doing nothing
    Needless to say I left went across the street To Zales and purchased a ring with cash that day.i guess Jared the galleria of rudeness dosent need to make sales and their snooty attitudes are enough to earn their salary?I have never gone into any jewelry store where the sales people went tripping over each other rushing to ask if they can help you, to make a sale.this was my first and last trip to Jared's and I will tell everyone I know including several other brides to be not to go to Jared's unless they feel like being ignored.Jared's the galleria of rudeness.