Jagex / Bad business practices

United Kingdom Review updated:
4.4
FU** JAGEX - DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY RUNESCAPE!!! They will take your child's money like they did to mine and ban you for NO REASON WHAT SO EVER. One HUGE SCAM! No service, automatic responses. Banned because my brothers account name was "Anice luver1" - Anice being his girlfriend.

My brother bought a full years membership for $55 usd, they banned him 12 hrs later and kept the money. Parent Be aware, By jagex not having customer service they can ban your childs account and keep your money with out any further notice!

Do Not trust Jagex!

Comments

We
  31st of Aug, 2008
Well my membership is fine. Maybe a problem with your computer? ...
Jo
  8th of Jan, 2009
And the fact that the name reads "Anus Lover" and so could be considered offencive never once crossed his mind...
Ha
  7th of Aug, 2009
but it doesn't SAY anus, it says anice, ### fagex. I payed for membership, and two days later they locked the account because they "have evidence" that someone is using my account, yet whenever i log in, it ALWAYS shows MY ip address...the account has been locked for a week now and the appeal is still "pending" their bull ### customer service is costing them their customers and soon enough they will go bank rupt. can't wait to see the day. Did i mention that my account is a member? the appeals should be faster for members -.- I won't be issued any credit for the time my account was locked...
Re
  29th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got banned too they claimed I was macroing but I haven't been able to play because of computer problems. kind of hard to macro without a computer. Clearly they ban randomly with cause or evidence.
Ru
  27th of Jul, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've been banned for "macroing, " which I don't even know how to do. Jagex conveniently provides no evidence, so you're guilty just because they say so, and you have no opportunity to appeal. The "appeal" page is bogus - they never pay any attention to it. They do not refund your money, they lie, they insult your intelligence -- they have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favor and don't buy a membership. I was a loyal customer for 4 years and they screwed me.
Ka
  11th of Aug, 2013
I could have written what runehater just did except I was a member for 7 years and never a black mark before being falsely accuses of macroing< I'll never deal with jagex again.

Jagex Logo Jagex