Having problems with Jagex?

Jagex reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 4, 2008. The latest review Old School Runescape was posted on Oct 3, 2021. The latest complaint Money scam was resolved on Aug 07, 2019. Jagex has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 128 reviews. Jagex has resolved 29 complaints.

Jagex Customer Service Contacts

220 Science Park
Cambridge
United Kingdom - CB40WA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Jagex Customer Service. Initial Jagex complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Jagex above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Jagex. Discuss the issues you have had with Jagex and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Jagex Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

JagexStolen character

I have had this account for over 6 to 7 years and now i can no longer get my character back and jagex didn't do nothing to stop theses thief's one thing i promise from now onone that i know or myself included will no longer play runescape for the rest of our lifes. too much time i spent on leveling this guy and someone just comes and steals my character. Tast3F3ar aka tank11990.

Jagex Ltd — Player mod

hi ive recently been (cyber bullied) by one of Jagex Ltd player moderators, he threatened to mute/ ban me for...

Jagex/RunescapeOutright fraud

Jagex recently came out with a game play mode called Ironman on their game Runescape. The idea behind Ironman is that there would be no trading what-so-ever and the player would have to do all of their own work. Again, the very first thing that you see listed on their page about the Ironman mode is a statement that says that there will be no trading. When you purchase the game to play in the Ironman mode and start on your way, you soon discover that they lied to you and you still have to team up with another player and trade items with them to complete two different quests. Those quests are parts of huge story lines that you can not continue in without them and they also grant access to areas and abilities to obtain and use items in the game that you can not do without those quests.

Outright fraud

• Di
        dirty13579 May 22, 2010

My Grandmother used her credit card to buy me membership on my runescape account. It charged to her account but I still don't have membership. Can you please fix this problem Jagex.

• Er
        Eric sakula Jan 21, 2010

buy runescape gold, powerleveling, account, items, equipment, go to usfine.com

• Du
        duckzilla11 Jul 08, 2009

with my account spelling mistakes will happen sorry it says i don't have something when i'
        m looking at the ###ing thing i mean what the ###

• He
        Heather May 16, 2009

My Complaint is my player lovemegirl67 can't talk

Mohammad Mar 20, 2009

There is a player in runescape that cheated the system by gaining levels. Also, by getting lots of money and I would prefer it if he was to get banned. The player name is zezima.

i mean u keep your 3 most expenscive items

Ross Aug 13, 2008

Sorry i made some spelling mistakes make the wilderness like bounty hunter except when you die you don't lose any items

Ross Aug 13, 2008

Another complaint is fight in wildy can be like a massive bounty hunter except when u die u keep your 3 most expencive iteams

Ross Aug 13, 2008

I think that Runescape would be alot better if we were allowed to fight eachother in the wilderness if you can because i see ppl complaining that their should be no reverants and fight in the wilderness

• Bo
        bob Jul 27, 2008

the version of runescape where you could just log on, go to the wild, and kill people, was way better.
        they made a bunch of strange updates, and they recently upgraded graphics so I can't even play the game anymore

Jagex — Banned

Been wrongfully banned for well over a year now. Tried emailing them several times but they simply ignore it...

Runescape — Scammers

was hunting revenants in wildy and this mage keeps on attacking me but a manage to get away, each time i...

JagexRunescape

im a f2p player on the game runescape and recent updates have nerfed combat for f2p substantially. F2p players are sick of being forced to buy membership and spins of squeal of fortune and should release some more npcs and more locations for f2p as long as higher weapons and armour.

• Ti
          tilea dupre Jun 05, 2014

i got a friend on runescape and it took him awhile to recognize the account and now when we try to add each other it says we are unknown players when we were clearly on cause we were on the phone 6 hours helping him set up his account. my user name is tilea dupre and his is kyimerwill.. can u help us with this i just want to help my friend .im a veteren player and can guide him if he needs it. ty

• Im
          imangrymakeachange Jan 17, 2013

give f2p some dragons equipment and more bosses

• Gh
          ghoodt1 Sep 22, 2010

i was to the wilds and was attacked by a reverant whick i normaly could defeat but my player would not respond i couldnt eat or do anything I died
          when i came back mhy player would do n othing but roun aroiund in circles i lost 9 million i want thbis issue fixed and my lost items replaced now

• Ho
          homeboy55111 Mar 02, 2009

Why the f**k did u take out wildy and put in tht f*****g gay s**t PVP. it is the gayest thing i have ever seen. i have been playing runescape for 2 years and now im probably gonna quit runescape cause of this gay a*s s**t. thank very much f*****s hope u consider puting back wildy

joe for bluey Jan 08, 2009

Try the tech site, the faq's, the tech help forums, or any hundred of other ways of fixing the problem. Or play it in the low-res mode, its still available.

• He
          heidi Sep 09, 2008

I no! its so unfair those b***h's and b*****d's better fix up! im on it and i cant get our of da tutorial!

• Su
          Suki Wong Aug 23, 2008

How come i can not type my own messages on runescape p.s please fix it

• Sh
          shasha Aug 22, 2008

i like to play runescape but now i can't play it! it is bcoz of jagex upgrading the runescape n my laptop got a problem to load it...
          i had tried so many times to re loaded it but it stil can't work. pls, i really want to play runescape so much... help me to fix the problem that i've face... jagex, pls do something to let me play runescape...

RunescapeHack

I am appalled at the lack of help given to users when their account has been hacked and all of their earnings on the game are taken away. I have spent many years playing runescape and yesterday I fell victim to a hacker who broke into my account and transferred all of my items to another character, its not like jagex don't keep a log of these doings! I really don't understand when I pay £5 a month they allow this to continue! I wouldn't be so angry if they would provide some kind of compensation, I mean is it that hard to give a user their funds back? its only fake money in a game for crying out loud!

JagexCustomer support

Okay, so for the past few days I've been trying to recover the first account I ever made back in 2002 or so. His name was Rogan_Spawn. I've had him for years and I've lost or forgotten some of the emails, codes, and dates and stuff like that jagex asks for when recovering an account. I paid for membership though, about year's worth with MY CREDIT CARD. When I quit for a while, I forgot to cancel membership on my account. When I noticed it on my bank statements, I had trouble getting it cancelled because somebody hacked my account. I had to go through my bank (US bank) twice to cancel it from there. Anyway, I've been trying to recover Rogan_Spawn so I can play him again. But even with providing the credit card information used to pay for it's membership, Jagex has not helped me AT ALL. In fact, they straight up told me to go away:

"Having investigated the account, I can confirm that you are not the creator, so I ask that you please stop attempting to recover it. "

This is so ridiculous. I have been playing on Rogan_Spawn for YEARS and I DID create him. He was the first one I ever made. I know it's hard to prove that I did but for christ's sake I'm giving them all I can and they don't even want to try?? I am very very disappointed. The automation system they use is TOTALLY flawed. Person to person account recovery and manual account history research is of very low importance to them.

• Pk
              Pkinkingjr Sep 18, 2012

Rogan Spawn! I am in 100% agreement with you and am prepared to take legal action against Jagex as I do have proof of credit card/debit card used in recovery, I however didn't make it quite as far as you did in the process because of the fact that I can't come up with the e-mail used to create the account, I am well aware that these "policies" that Jagex uses to "protect account's" is frustrating to users which is why I'm on this forum.

Whoever is deciding what course the game should take is caused the problems. As Jagex knows, in an attempt "to do the right thing" They actually did the wrong thing back in 2010 when they started a new style of game play. Many users quit playing because of the trade schemes as well as the GE and the new wild rules, trade cap, and a whole host of other reasons. I was one of those players who quit playing back then. MY assumption is, that in an attempt to make things better as well as bring more revenue and players back, RS decided to bring back the old game play which is I also wanted to get back into the game since I enjoyed the classic style of play.

They took a fun game and ruined it for a-lot of people, I created my account in 2004, I'm quite sure the e-mail I used either no longer exists or if it does I have no memory of what it would be. However the fact that Jagex refuses to work further with people who actually are the true creaters of an account is ###ing insensitive to business as well as to customers. In the real world ie., If you cannot access your bank account because you don't have your account # the banks will further work with you to verify your information and make sure you are the person that is the true owner of the account.

Now runescapes e-mail recovery system may work for a majority of the players that are newer, and who started there accounts with e-mails, but for us who are older players the e-mails used in my own case were from my childhood seeing as how my account is probably about 7 years old now and runescape has been in the back of my mind until recently. SO, Here is all I that I request of you people, that you either come up with some kind of option where users can write a letter of request (this is how banks work, I do work for a bank) /email basically requesting special review of information provided by the requester. Working for a bank I understand also how flawed a computer system can because it deals in absolutes. Just because a computer system tells us that we aren't the true user doesn't mean that. So as the true owner of the account Pkinkingjr, I am prepared to provide old credit card info as to where I billed my memberships when I was a major Runescaper, I am prepared to even give some older passwords as well as IP Address of the logged computer... SO thank you for your time in reading this message, if you have made it to the end. Once again RS I ask that you do this only because I like the classic Rs and it is the most fun game I had played back in middle school. I would like to make my account a member again to finish 99 fishing at fishing guild where-as I left off at either 91 or 92 fishing, I would like to bring my business to Jagex but will play league of legends if I do not get the account back.

- Jared/ Pkinkingjr

JagexBanning of account

I was casually playing runescape, when a person who claimed to be a runescape monitor called "monitor Paul" told me that someone named punisher02 filed a complaint about me "hacking" his account and stealing money and items. Paul questioned me about it and said that he is the JagexBannung technician and that he needed proof that I didn't hack his account.bor else he was going to have to ban me. Even though Paul said that punisher02 evidence looked fake (screenshots) he said that he had to check the "mainframe" to see my past communication with punisher02 (wihich I have never spoken to). Paul said that the "mainframe" was down and that he couldn't check so he had to ban me Immediatly, the only way for me to prove was for me to give Paul my password so he could check my history or what ever. I let Paul access my acount "shadowsart" he said it would only take 1 or 2 minutes . 10 minutes passed, so me and my friend logged onto his account "famagusta07" so we could check if Paul was still on shadowsart (my account) . He said my history was clean, at that point punisher02 messages famagusta07 and said that "it worked I can't believe my fake complaint worked!" and I told paul and he once again asked me to give him famagusta07 password so he could check his history since I had access to it. He said it would take 2 minutes. Again 10imutes later me and my other friend logged onto runescape and say that both shadowsart and famagusta07 were logged on by paul . And now he is askin for our password AGAIN. A third time. I would like to have all three accounts back to normal and has Paul and punisher02 banned from JagexBannung for causing this mess . I got back on and he stole everything and hacked all three accounts . Monitor Paul stole my shadowsart account and famagusta07

Jagex Ltd/RunescapeUnjustified banning of dooodlebrain account

We made an account back in July of 2008 to play online. On September 21, 2011 they banned the account. They stated it was Maroing, using a third party software. I asked for proof and they could not give any. It's a disgrace that they can get away with banning an acount that I worked so hard on for 3.5 years. They need to show any proof if they have, which we know there is none. I'm asking for justice and the clearing of my name. They are very disrespectful people and they need to be monitored for their ethics.
              To deliberately ban a free players account for doing absolutely nothing wrong is absurd. Then asking for their so called evidence and they won't even produce it. Companies like them need to answer to their crimes

Jagex Ltd./RunecapePermanent banned account dooodlebrain

After being a devoted and faithful player on runescape for over three years, they banned my account dooodlebrain for supposedly macroing. They were not able to show proof, because I am innocent! I can guarantee you they have no way of detecting a botting system and I am living proof of that. Because I never used one and they accused me of using one. I have filed an appeal which has been pending now for almost seven months and it's because I was a high level free to play player. I have written to them on several occasions and have gotten no where. They make it very difficult to contact them. After months of frustration and trying to prove my innocence, I am still waiting for them to reinstate my account. They want me to make another one. Why bother, for them to just ban the next one without cause. I worked very hard in building an account and not to mention a friends list. My account was a level 125 with a lot of items and money on it. They took it away for no reason but their own selfishness, due to the fact I refuse to pay to be a member. Companies like them should be banned from online gaming.

RunescapeUnprecedented account banning

After being a devoted and faithful player on runescape for over three years, they banned my account dooodlebrain for supposedly macroing. They were not able to show proof, which I can guarantee you they have no way of detecting a botting system and I am living proof of that. Because I never used one and they accused me of using one. I have filed an appeal which has been pending now for almost seven months and it's because I was a high level free to play player. I have written to them on several occasions and have gotten no where. They make it very difficult to contact them. After months of frustration and trying to prove my innocence, I am still waiting for them to reinstate my account. They want me to make another one. Why bother, for them to just ban the next one without cause. I worked very hard in building an account and not to mention a friends list. My account was a level 125 with a lot of items and money on it. They took it away for no reason but their own selfishness, due to the fact I refuse to play to be a member. Companies like them should be banned from online gaming.

RunescapeRunescape offers underage gambling

This game is now allowing spending real money to buy spins for a chance at winning an in game item on their new Squeal of Fortune. The Jagex staff have stated that this is not gambling because you always win something.

The target audience for this game are teenage boys. Many parents have input their credit card information to maintain continued membership for their child. However, the child can automatically buy up to 200 us dollars worth of spins per day without having to re enter any details.

In my state of North Carolina it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to play in any game of chance not related to skill. In many other states online gambling is prohibited period.

So, shouldn't they either remove the Squeal of Fortune or deny access to those living in areas where online gambling is prohibited and to those under the legal gambling age?

It is morally wrong even if it is found to be legally right.

Many may argue that the things you do in the game are morally wrong, but they are not real. The character is not actually, stealing and killing. But, when they added the buyable chances of a carnival type game it is really gambling.

Angry Loof Apr 10, 2012

Okay, so underage and the definition of what constitutes as gambling is indeed a very gray area. It is still corrupt to stoop to adding these flashing lights and whistles to entice kids to buy more spins though.

They did however add an additional security measure, where the security pin of your cc has to be entered before you buy more spins, but how many had already spent loads before this was implemented?

I don't care what the legal or internet definition of gambling is, this is just wrong in my eyes period.

JagexSpam from jagex

I keep getting daily spam from Jagex. 4 to 5 mails per day. i just went to look up their webpage to see if i could contact them but they choose to reply with automatic emails only. i have never visited their website before today, i have never played their game, nor do i use the recieving inbox for anything but work. i have seperate email-accounts for newsletters and forums.

thel Mar 29, 2012

Mod_Harriet,
                          I am supprised to see a jegex employee actualy looks here. I mentioned on other jagex/runescape posts about needing help from you guys before on my account but your site is hard to navigate and not user friendly.

about what Mod mentioned some stam/origen pages have embeded viruses. you look at a game for what it is and bingo virused. then they see what you use for email and there you go. even with my anti virus firewalls i still get new viruses that it doesnt know exist yet.

Hey

Sorry to hear you have been having problems with Spam emails. If you have received emails which appear to be from Jagex they are likely phishing emails designed to steal RuneScape account details and are not from us. Phishers usually bulk-send emails to a list of randomly generated or purchased email addresses in the hopes that they will “get lucky” and find someone to whom their email appears relevant.

To avoid seeing them in future I would recommend that mark these emails as “Spam” or “Junk” in your email spam filter. Alternatively, you can forward one of them to your email provider as a “Phishing Scam” and they should be blocked.

In future, if you need more help in regards to these kind of emails or have another query, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

thel Mar 27, 2012

you are a member of a steam/origen webpage correct?

Antispammails Mar 27, 2012

i have NOTHING from Jagex never even went on their website. i only play games on Steam and Origin and those are both on gmail. i have NEVER used the emailaddress that i get their spam on for webbased stuff. i only contact relatives and clients with it. how does that hacker/scammer even get a hold of my email? my security checks out there are no leaks.

thel Mar 27, 2012

I get emails from them too but unlike you i get them cause it was my game email. i broke off ties with them after they shafd me from my account by not returning it to me just cause the passwords i had on my file were wrong.
                          now in answer to the emails sent to your work email. it is a scam/hacker email trying to steal your account. i know cause my world of warcraft email is aol not hotmail and they sen it to my hotmail.

JagexPaying for a game that does not work

Jagex is continuing to take money from us even though they are unable to fix problems to their software.. they are offering no customer support what so ever and when any player objects through the forum they are banned.. i believe that jagex has become a rogue company that's sole intent is to steal as much money from paying customers as possible for the game 'runescape' is finally scraped... i believe jagex is in violation of British trading laws and as such British trading standards should be investigating them and bring legal action against jagex for its criminal theft of members fee's. its should also be noted that runescape run by jagex has a huge membership base of children and as such should be held to the highest levels of scrutiny when they act or as is the case fail to act.
                        I believe a vote of no confidence should be called by the shareholders asap... Runescape p2p member Sir Wigs.

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with our game. Can I suggest you email us at [email protected], this is the best place for us to hear about problems you are experiencing and lets us help you out far easier than on a forum!

Kind regards

• Wo
                            WOL_Player1 Jan 25, 2012

War of Legends servers are constantly down and the gameplay is extremely laggish...the entire game is designed based on gambling for odds and upgrading your legends requires hundreds even thousands of mouse clicks in some cases in hopes that u "accidently" double click and mess up at some point...the game is very poorly designed and maintained.

• Wo
                            WOL_Player1 Jan 25, 2012

Horrible game...it is designed to take ur money and the only way to advance is to pay real money...lag is just unbearable and the servers are constantly down...I would not suggest this game to an enemy more less a friend

JagexTo many hackers

I have been hacked so many times and i want to get rewarded with some money because i have had like 4 runescape accounts that i got high lvl and they got hacked so now i want u to give me sum expensive items like a gree party hat or haloween mask or like 50mil

My acc name is: Darthvader3
                          My email On this acc is: [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ju
                              juscrusing Sep 07, 2012

Mod Harriet. Jagex has a serious in game hacking problem they will not admit to!! Fault is always laid blame to the account holder. I to was accused of "botting" and rolled back. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. No reply was ever given to my appeal and to top it off my account has been hacked and 300 million in items and gold removed!! Jagex reply? My fault!! I have paid money to this game for it to be ruined by your flawed system and customer service. User names everywhere "jsvhewn2i34ry3" are u serious?? and this is not a "bot"? But you roll back my PAID account claiming botting you are so full of it!!! Cant give back stolen items??? I worked and PAID for these items with my membership and another "member" of your game stole these things and I am told it is MY FAULT?! Worst your mods treat everyone as though we are a teen child. I am a middle aged adult paying for my account and my two children. I will not accept your false statements and LIES to your customers. Jagex has allowed everything I PAID FOR to be taken or rolled back; now I expect a full refund for my entire membership or return of everything lost. I will continue customer complaints to every agency on the entire planet to warn everyone of your shady company.

thel Mar 30, 2012

*sighs* well went through 3 Jagex Mods and i still can't get my account even after giving them all the data i remember putting on the account. no one but me knows the stuff in it and they can't locate or admit that it is my account. reminds me why i left jagex for aeria games to beta test for them when they offered.

Hey Darthvader3,

Sorry you have had some security issues with your account. Can I kindly suggest you email me at [email protected], this is the best place for us to investigate what is going on in regards to your account, track down the people who have done this and see what we can do to help you.

Jagex/ RunescapeBan of my account

I have been playing this game for 3 years. I stayed on this game 24/7 and i can't read. i can't communicate with people. i have been accused of being a bot on this game. my account has been hacked. and messed up by playing this game. and then they say that i was botting and they didn't show any proof of it. so the answer is obvious that i can't read or communicate with others and that they would think i am a bot. and i want them to give my account back to me, the account that i had to stay on this computer for day in and day out just to get it to the level that it is. i even put money into this account. so i feel that i wasted all my time on this game. and i am mad as torment about it. so i hope you guys can do something about it.

• Ju
                                juscrusing Sep 07, 2012

Mod Harriet, I have seen your numerous posts on your forums as well as other "Mods". Jagex has a serious in game problem you will not address!! I to was accused of "botting" and rolled back. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. No reply was ever given to my appeal and to top it off my account has been hacked and 300 million in items and gold removed!! Jagex reply? My fault!! I have paid money to this game for it to be ruined by your flawed system and customer service. User names everywhere "jsvhewn2i34ry3" are u serious?? and this is not a "bot"? But you roll back my PAID account claiming botting you are so full of it!!! Cant give back stolen items??? I worked and PAID for these items with my membership and another "member" of your game stole these things and I am told it is MY FAULT?! Worst your mods treat everyone as though we are a teen child. I ma'am am not, nor will I accept your false statements and LIES to your customers. Jagex has taken everything I PAID FOR now I expect a full refund for my entire membership or return of everything lost. I will continue customer complaints to every agency on the entire planet to warn everyone of your shady company.

Hey Joe 

Sorry to hear you have been having some issues with the ban on your account. If you could email us at [email protected] with your RuneScape account name, we can pass this on to our specialist macro team who will review the offence on the account.

Kind regards

Non yor Sep 17, 2011

i have recieved an SMS Regarding won the value of amoumt $500, 000 WM mobile promo
                                intl mobile draw this value of amout i dont know to claim so please guide mein earliest.

JagexPitiful customer service

I have been continually dissapoint at their absolute lacking of customer service and dishonesty within the game. Having completely removed any ability to submit customer service query's or any other form of suggestion to corporate entities they have effectively cut themselves off from their own customers. Truly the only company ive dealt with that was absolutely devoid of any wanting to be contacted, and we pay their salaries? Avoid contact with jagex ltd at all costs.

Runescape.comBanned my sons account forever

Okay so, my son is mentally handicapped and I bought him something for roblox from another site, and they banned his account forever... I dont like this game... I would not recomend it for all of you, viruses occur and the jagex staff does not cooperate with you.

• As
                                    asdfnin Jun 04, 2012

there is so many bots that it is impossible for me to make money i made money by killing green and dragons but there are 50 million bots at each place.

• Ca
                                    cass2211 Apr 26, 2011

Try freerealms.com...he may enjoy that one

Jagex Ltd. / Runescape.com — Breach of contract/failure to perform

Paid for a game subscription in order to play their online game. Due to technical difficulties, I am unable...

Cambridge