Interval International / Exchanges devalued

United States Review updated:

I have been an interval international exchange member for approximately 16 years. Inventory for exchange has decreased
Significantly and as of late, exchanges are much more difficult. Property deposits seem to be undervalued, requests are difficult
To place on certain properties and the best chance you have is to wait to the very last minute and to go on line multiple times per day
In hope of something turning up. Any families make plans like this? Sound like a good way to do business? Customer service
And agents are very helpful - keep trying, we're sorry, we hope something works out for you. Their new advertising should be:
We've got great locations and exchanges; unfortunately, you won't qualify for an exchange - - we'll send pics!

Sa

Comments

• Su
      15th of Sep, 2012

Being a member of 16 year as you say you are means you know that your complaint is useless without your Demand Index number for the timeshare you own. As a new owner it is my understanding that if you buy at a timeshare with an index number above 10 your choices will be limited. What is your Index number? Has it recently changed? Do they change them often? You only leave me with more questions. Please update before I get to far into II.

• Th
      10th of Jan, 2013

I should have read the comments here before joining II. I joined as a Platinum member. I'm trying to plan a vacation 6 month in advance. Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the whole Europe! I tried to broaden the range from June to December, I still get nothing. However, there are a lot of "Getaways" for purchase!!! It does seem the timeshare and exchange are a scam!

• Wa
      5th of Sep, 2015

I extended one of my certificates, and it's been a rip off there are no resorts that offer a beach vacation that me and my husband take once a year it's sad the only thing the offer in the US with beaches are resorts that are not desirable to take . I am not satis fied and I have been with them for 9 years.