Intelius Subscription / Unauthorized Credit Card withdrawals

Australia, New South Wales Review updated:
THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM DO NOT USE. I used this company to try and find a friend in New Orleans. I havent heard from her since the dreadful storms.
It was advertised as 95 American cents for the search. Since then they had taken a subscription fee of $19.99 every month out of my credit card account without my authorization. I have tried to call and email but have had no response. This company is commiting fraud and should be put out of business. DO NOT USE THEM EVER!

N  31st of Oct, 2008 by

Intelius Subscription - Never subscribed such a service

INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION appears on my credit 5 days ago and I never subscribed such a thing. Pay atten.
N  12th of Nov, 2008 by

Intelius Subscription - never suscribed
7669 clarewood
Phone: 713-777-5722

Charged 19.95 a month without my authorization
Charged my account $19.95 a month without my knowledge... got charged as well, INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA showed up on my CC statement with a 19.95 fee and I have NO idea what this is or what it's for, I've never subscribed to anything from Intelius.
not only ones couple times.
A  25th of Dec, 2008 by
Intelius is unlawfully billing people, including myself, for $19.95/mo. as soon as you give them your credit card number for a cheap, one-time search service, which I found to be useless.
DO NOT, under any circumstance use Intelius for any your people searches. If you give them your credit card number they will bill you unexpectly and you probably will never get it back.
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by
On behalf of Intelius I wanted to reach out and address your comment. At Intelius we take customer service very seriously, please contact me at contactus@intelius.com and I would be happy to address the issues you mentioned in your post.
N  10th of Feb, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - Intelius Charges
PO Box 1958
Phone: 435-421-1910

I do not want a subscription to Intelius. I didn't order it and have called before and was told I would be refunded the charges and no further charges would appear. I now have a new charge on my credit card. I want these off immediately. Also, I do not appreciate waiting on your phone line for 20 minutes just to have someone pick up the phone and hang up. Please get back to me on this matter.
N  3rd of Mar, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - charged me for subscription which i never made

I once purchaged their service for $.99 and this month I see they charged me for monthly subscription for which I never assigned. I was shocked. How do I get rid of this unassigned subscription???? Please need suggestion
A  4th of Mar, 2009 by
I canceled my Intellius Subscription and they are still charging my
account to two differnet subscriptions. I received an email on 2/6/2009 telling me they would cancel subcriptions.
N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
Do not sign up for intellius, they will not stop charging you.
A  7th of Mar, 2009 by
I have been charged twice for this service which I did not order. When I did a recent search they wanted to charge me again.
N  10th of Mar, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - $ 19.95 stollen from C/C 2/17/09
Intelius Subscription
Treasure Island

This company stole funds out of my personal C/C fund. I have no idea where they scammed my C/C info. I have had to cancell this account...The monthly monies stolen have caused hardship on my family. I live week to week on my limited budget. Where do I start to have this company broadcasted as SCAMMERS AND THIEFS !! Thankyou for ths blog !
N  25th of Mar, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - charges
Mary A Rogers
Manhattan Beach

A charge for Intelius Subscribtion showed up on my checking account and I did not authorize. When I called they directed me to this website.

I want to cancel this subscription IMMEDIATELY
N  8th of May, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - charges that was not agree upon.

Merchant Category: Info Services

Expense Category: Utilities

Merchant Category Code: 4816

Edit Details • View Details

My Description:
N  14th of May, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - unauthorized credit card charge

I am disputing this $19.95 charge with my credit card...
I was told I would be charged like less than $2 bucks this is horse ###.
N  16th of May, 2009 by

Intelius Subscription - charged without to be register
intelius subscription

Charge appear on my credit card for a service or product I never subscribed.

I saw I'm not alone in that case.
That's what we call fraude

Ines Y Quinonez
A  2nd of Jun, 2009 by
I just want to report that in addition to emails from Intellius informing me they would be refunding my money I also received a certified letter informing me of a full refund of all charges. The letter stated that I had authorized the charges which I may have done but what I thought from the information presented to me that day was that I was paying for a ONE time charge of around 1.95 not a subscription. Never the less the issue is resolved to my complete satisfaction.
A  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
after paying for a 99 cent inquirery Intelius has been billing my credit card $19.95 -- always on the opening day of your monthly billing. I have asked my credit card company to stop paying them. I read Intelius's terms and conditions. Basically when you give them your credit card number to make a 99 cent purchase you are a member for life. This company needs to have a class action law suit filed against them.
N  27th of Oct, 2009 by

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.
N  15th of Jan, 2010 by
I too have a charge on my credit card for Intellius. I've never been to their web site or ever ordered anything from them. How can they pick my card at random to charge me for something I've never ordered.
A  2nd of Mar, 2011 by
They are a scam. File a complaint on the web at the BBB and your Attorney State Generals office. Not the first time I have heard of an email they provided not working - same for their customer service # - on hold forever, hang up on you, etc.

Intelius Logo Intelius