[Resolved] Intelius Subscription / unauthorized credit card withdrawals
THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM DO NOT USE. I used this company to try and find a friend in New Orleans. I havent heard from her since the dreadful storms.
It was advertised as 95 American cents for the search. Since then they had taken a subscription fee of $19.99 every month out of my credit card account without my authorization. I have tried to call and email but have had no response. This company is commiting fraud and should be put out of business. DO NOT USE THEM EVER!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 27, 2009
If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.
However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.
Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.
More Intelius Subscription Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- Intelius - three different charges posting to my bank account
- Intelius - scam!!! they are stealing my money!!!
- Intelius - complaint 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising