[Resolved] Intelius Corporation / unauthorized charges
Letter directed to Sears Credit Card:
On or about 02/21/09 I used services provided by Intelius.com to conduct a background check for legal work. These are presented in charges in the amounts of $1.75 and $47.90. In advertently, with no intent and because of site confusion, I selected 24ProtectPlus on or about 02/25/09 for the amount of $19.95. I am disputed this charge. In addition, on 02/28/09, there is an ongoing charge from Intelius.com for an additional $19.95, which I terminated.
Consequently, I am disputing charges of $19.95 made by 24ProtectPlus on 02/25/09 and $19.95 levied by Intelius on 02/28/09.
I have contacted Intelius repeatedly via email requesting termination and refund of the charges appearing in the previous paragraph, but to no avail. Intelius does not respond to my email nor has it terminated charged. In addition, I have not been offered a refund. I am not disputing the charges made on 02/21/09 for $1.75 and $47.90 respectively.
All documentation has been included. I am unable to reach the service through the telephone. I have fulfilled my communication requirements. Documentation has been included and, therefore, I fully anticipate that Sears will rectify these matters immediately. In the event that Sears refuses to become proactive in these matters, then I will terminate my credit card immediately. I have a long record of service and allegiance to Sears; I expect and demand results.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.
However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.
It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.
More Intelius Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising 
- Intelius - intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.
- Intelius - repeated charges on my credit card
- Intelius.com - bait and switch. single report $1.00 but billed $30