[Resolved] Intelius Corporation / unauthorized charges

1 Bellevue, WA, United States

Letter directed to Sears Credit Card:

On or about 02/21/09 I used services provided by Intelius.com to conduct a background check for legal work. These are presented in charges in the amounts of $1.75 and $47.90. In advertently, with no intent and because of site confusion, I selected 24ProtectPlus on or about 02/25/09 for the amount of $19.95. I am disputed this charge. In addition, on 02/28/09, there is an ongoing charge from Intelius.com for an additional $19.95, which I terminated.

Consequently, I am disputing charges of $19.95 made by 24ProtectPlus on 02/25/09 and $19.95 levied by Intelius on 02/28/09.

I have contacted Intelius repeatedly via email requesting termination and refund of the charges appearing in the previous paragraph, but to no avail. Intelius does not respond to my email nor has it terminated charged. In addition, I have not been offered a refund. I am not disputing the charges made on 02/21/09 for $1.75 and $47.90 respectively.

All documentation has been included. I am unable to reach the service through the telephone. I have fulfilled my communication requirements. Documentation has been included and, therefore, I fully anticipate that Sears will rectify these matters immediately. In the event that Sears refuses to become proactive in these matters, then I will terminate my credit card immediately. I have a long record of service and allegiance to Sears; I expect and demand results.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 14, 2009

It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.