INTEC College / exchange of 'outdated' textbooks

1 6th Floor, Fleetway House, 29 Martin Hammerschlag Way, Foreshore, Cape TownCape Town, South Africa

I registered with Intec in January 2015 for the Technical Financial Accounting course. I was told when registering that because I have paid for the three courses upfront, I will receive all my textbooks together. I said to the consultant that I dont want all the textbooks at one time as I must complete one level at a time. My main concern was that the textbooks might change from last year to this year, the consultant told me not to worry as I have 2015 textbooks and they would be valid for this year. In November 2015, I received correspondance from ICB stating that my second level textbooks have changed. When phoning Intec, I was told (very rudely) that there is nothing they can do at this time and I must call back in January. So I tried to phone in January, no answer. When I did finally get through I was told to leave my number and someone will get back to me within the day, that was three days ago. I have sent numerous emails and only recieved one feedback to say 'issue being esculated'. The fact of the matter is, I have paid for my studies up front. Now that the two textbooks have changed (my middle level books), Intec want to charge me again to receive new textbooks. I feel this is not right as I have already paid for textbooks... which I can now not use. I feel Intec should take those books back and supply me with the new ones. I also feel that they should respond to emails and phone calls.

Ja