ING Direct / Terrible customer service!
I opened this account by mail about a month ago. I called today to inquire about my PIN as it hadn't arrived. The "security" guy asked me a series of questions. He told me that my home address didn't match up--that it came back under someone else's name. Well, I hold the title, I own the house. After a few back and fourths, he became very rude and threatened to cancel my account. I asked to speak to his supervisor--he told me she'd be in "sometime next week."
This is exactly the kind of horror story we hear about Internet banking. It's like 3 college guys run this place out of their basement. Well, he did end up canceling my account and hanging up on me. I called back only to be told that my account was canceled. How do i get my $$ out? Well, that's another department.
Folks, save yourself the time, money and frustration and find a bricks and mortar Credit Union. You will earn about the same interest and be treated that much more politely.
If Ing Direct isn't a scam, then it's borderline fraud. Stay away from them.
More ING Direct Complaints & Reviews
- ING Direct - Horrible Treatment Illegal Practices 
- ING Direct - ING Direct will not close my account and send my remaining funds 
- ING Direct - Fraud and cheating 
- ING Direct Savings - In an attempt to save money I have now spent over $ 200.00 with this company 
- ING Direct - Ing Direct Complaints File with BBB 
- Ing Bank - Account to Close : 40002933824 : France Account
- Ing Bank - change of contact details/mobile number
- Ing Bank - im selling iphone 6 64gb 
- Ing Bank - I cannot access my account
- ING NL - Customer's right to receive his own financial records