Indian Railways / azad hind express running late

1 India Review updated:

Hi,
Azad Hind express is running almost 8 hrs late from schedule everyday. This causing inconvenience to passengers. It is said by railway dept that the delay is due to safety of people. If a government cannot ensure safety for night running trains then the late schedule will remain for ever. Is it enough reason for creating inconvenience. I had booked this train tickets assuming I will reach my destination in the morning. But now if it reaches in the evening, I have to go for flight tickets. This is ridiculous.please take necessarry steps.
Sujoy

Comments

• Aa
      16th of Mar, 2011

I agree with this. I had a similar incident in Feb 1st week. Due to that, I had cancelled my plan to visit my home town. If azad hind express is running late, it should be reflected on railway reservation govt sites.

• Ra
      25th of Mar, 2011

It's being so many months, why can't Railway Dept change the timings of AZAD HIND train itself

• Ra
      25th of Mar, 2011

It's better to take Air Tickets...atleast we reach home on time. This is simply rediculous and we can't do any thing. Jaago India Jaago...why do we pay money for getting not a good service...We are proud of Indian Railways, but at the same time rules should be in place. How can a train be always late for so many months? If not possible then why can't they change the timings of train.

• Co
      28th of Mar, 2011

If any responcible officer from Railway Department is seeing this blog, then please make the procedure to change the railway time table or atleast update it on reservation site. So the people will get to know and they can schedule there journey properly.

• Pe
      25th of Jul, 2011

I also absoloutely agree with Sujoy. I lived in Nagpur, Earlier I used to prefer this train becoz of its convinient timings. It used to departs from Nagpur at 03:40 PM and reaches Pune at 6:00 AM. Now it is delaying inconsistently by 6-7-8-9 Hrs. So if Railway is delaying due to security reasons then atleast it should have specific delay from each station. So that passengers can start accordingly. Only people benefiting from this were private bus operators. They are charging like anything. Local authorities dosent have control on that also. God help indian railways..

• Je
      2nd of Oct, 2011

Government should make the timings permanent in whichever way it feels considering the security of the people. One more victim is added in this list & that's me... Late arrival.. Late departure & what not... Azad Hind Express - The worst train ever

• Ro
      4th of Jan, 2017

I'm traveling right now in azadhind express (AC 3 tair coach number B6. I had a bad experience in this train . I saw a couple of rats were running in this train and there is no protection for that . I asked to IRCTC members they told me very casually it is very normal matter and they don't have any protection for that. And one more thing I don't like toilet is too much dirty and compartment's windows also very dirty not even able to see outside.