Indane LPG Gas / very poor customer care

1 India Review updated:

I am a consumer of LPG gas from the indane gas agency named Ananthapuri at Thiruvannthapuram, Kerala. The gas connection is in my fathers name Mr A Abdul Rasheed consumer no T 767 who expired. I approached the office for transfer of connection to my name as i am one of he legal heir of my late father. As ordered by the front office personnel, I collected all the documents including a no objection certificate from my only sister. Even though i was frustrated at the complexities of these procedures, I know that I am bound to obey them as they are company guidelines.

My complaint is against the attitude of front office staff in that office. They include two ladies and a man who were on duty on 20th july 2007... The unpleasant attitude, poor communication abilities and most unwelcoming approach to a query were the characteristics of those lady staff whereas the man (may be a superior staff) even managed to shout at me questioning my right over this gas connection and saying you can do nothing and threw the documents (including the >35 year old connection voucher which I collected with great difficulty from my fathers diary) on to my face. I picked them one by one and left the office. I feel strongly that they need to be reminded that i am only a consumer and not someone living at their mercy.

This is one of the worst experience i ever had from any office. The mistake I did or said according to them was that I was not listening to them obediently. My answer to this is, if you start countering a query with another silly question instead of giving a proper straight answer, not many will be patient to listen to you. I have approached the sales officer of the gas agency with this issue and my application is being processed. I would like to bring the kind attention of the authorities on this incident and expect a proper necessary explanation and action.

Yours sincerely
Dr.Reena
S-31, Seeveli Nagar, Kaithamukku
Thiruvananthapuram 695024. KERALA

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2007

I recently visited the website of Indian Oil corp and inquired something related to the transfer of a gas connection. I got a confirmation saying that my complaint will be looked after, it is more than 10 days, since I didn't get any response. Moreover, they provided with a Phone Number wherein all the queries related to Indane LPG can be booked. But, i could never see anyone picking up the phone, if by mistake they pick the phone, they immediately change it into engage mode. Moreover, I think I have tried 'n' number of times calling up the distributor, but no one cared to pick the phone up at his end too.

I would strongly recommend people to bit go for it.

• Ra
      22nd of Sep, 2007

I was visited to delaer of rohini sector -16 delhi at m/s puneet gas servicec for book a new connection they demand rs.2700/ as new connection and said me to that it is compelsarl that puechase a gas stove from punnet gas othervise they can not give me a new connectio so you are requested that see the matter and take a necessary action.

Regards
    rajendra kr. Badaya

• La
      20th of Sep, 2010

I booked gas on 2-9-2010 (trhough your tromo sewa no.1260 booking no.27) but till the date i.e.20-9-2010 the dealer(M/S Sindhu Gas, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi-110095) did not supply the gas(Cyclinder), on enquiry on the phone dated 13.9.2010 they told the gas will be supplied within two days but no delivery man came to deliver the gas. Every time I have to face the same situation. Please see
    thanks
    Lalit Kumar
    Consumer No. 21570

25th of Mar, 2011

main lpg gess ka upbhogta hu.maire name per lpg ka canection h.jo ki panipat, hariyana, main sweta gass ajensi ke nam per h.main panipat se 35k.m door rahta hun.mairi sikayat h ki jub panipat wallon ka slender phone pur book ker liya jata h to muje hi kyon 35k.m ja ker book karna padta h?mujhe ek bar book kane jana padta h.dusri bar jane per slender sayad hi mil pay.main salon se is samsya se juj raha hu.please see this.and think about my problam.thanks, tikaram sharma.custmer no599416

• Bk
      23rd of May, 2011

Indane LPG company I am retired DOCTOR, customer of indane gas for 30 year, My gas consumer no is PG 6951. I booked gas for home delivery dated16/5/11, BOOKING NO IS 3444.but tillnow gas is not supplies to me.GAS agency is POPULER INDANE bus stand rewa MP.

3rd of Feb, 2015

that the branch Manager & there Staff today in the morning at about 10.30 AM Behave Rudely with customer ID No.17444 and when asked about Delivery of the Cylinder then he replied that today the delivery is going on the person who has book the gas on dt 21/01/15 your term will come later on.
    That overtime the person who used to delivered the gas come with defective weighing machine and most of the time the mail member not available in the house and delivery person took the advantage and delivered the gas withe lesser weight gas cylinder then the actual gas cylinder.
    kindly take needful action against them to ensure the trust in your Company and Administration in your Company