Indane Gas Agency / leakage of gas not attended immediately!

1 India Review updated:

I AM HAVING "INDANE GAS" (Cust No:20966) connection with VISHNAVI AGENCY, T'nagar, Chennai 17. On Sunday 3rd June '07, I complained about the LEAKAGE of gas to EMERGENCY CELL (WHAT IS IT FOR!!) 24756111 at 8pm. They told me to contact the next day to the Vaishnavi Agency. I disconnected the regulator to ensure safety & did not use the gas stove. Next day morning after 8 a.m., I tried the company42127065,42127055 (as given in the bill) ICC customer Service (?) cell 24339236,24339246 & Toll Free No:[protected] and again Emergency cell 24756111 , repeatedly over 20 times. BUT OF NO RESPONSE. I COULDN'T GET THE CONNECTIONS ALL THE TIME. THEN DESPERATELY I TRIED VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS IN IOC, ALL RESULTED OF NO USE. Lastly, my friend aged 75 had to go in person & ask the Agency to send the mechanic, who came & done the repaired the leakage. My anxiety was cleared after 15 hours. I want to bring this to the kind information of the consumers.

R. Srinivasaraghavan.

Comments

• Sh
      1st of Oct, 2007

There is no one to take the emergency call at tel no. 25080458 & 64115667 of Indane gas agency (Jai Jawan Gas Service, Dwarka, New Delhi).

There is no point in establishing emergency cell & advertising 24 hrs service on all days wheras no person is there to pick up phone. Even when I reached the place personally, the office/ site is locked & no person available.
    Emergency cell are for emergency purposes. Let us not pretend to be more concerned about safety, when we are not inclined towards it.
    Pl take appropriate action.

• Rn

To
    The Manager
    Indane Oil (Indane)
    Chennai.

Sub: Regarding the Gas Leakage Complaint.
    Respected Sir/Madam
    We are the customer of (Indane)TILLAI agency, Puducherry. A Gas has been delivered for us on 16/4/09 from that agency. On that date we got a leakage problem so we have complained on tat date by telephone. But they have respond after 2 days. But they came and changed the rubber washer but still we are having the same problem with the same cylinder. We have trying the phone line for nearly 2 days but no response. It’s an emergency issue. They are not providing good customer service. So Kindly I request u to take necessary action and do the favor for us.
    Thanking you
    Yours
    R.Nagarajan

14th of Mar, 2010

I am the customer at GAYATRI INDANE, MAITRI APARTMENT, MAITRI NAGAR, RISALI, BHILAI CHATTISGARH having gas connection.Now I herewith put my complaint that since one week had p assed off my complaint of gas leakage through the valve of the gas cylinder supplied no body from the gas agency had neither attended to it tilldate nor replaced the leakage one.
    The leakage of the gas cylinder is a very serious issue and I appreciate the negligency created by our dealer as above.
    Now kindly look into the matter serously and take appropriate action to get replced the leakage one with a new one.
    Regards

• Pa
      19th of May, 2010

I AM HAVING "INDANE GAS" (Cust No:01946) connection with DHRUV GAS SERVICE site no., 3, jhandewalan New Delhi-55. On Saturdy 15.05.2010, I complained about the LEAKAGE of gas to EMERGENCY CELL (WHAT IS IT FOR!!) 01123540370 at 11am. They assured me todays i will be changed the leakage Gas sylender, But they have failed to change the same sylender.Thereafter i tried so many calls but no responce from that side, so that i decided to visit personaly i requested to arrange that leakage sylender which i had complait on Saturday 15.05.2010 at 11am. They shouted with abused me i have not received your complain. And thereafter they said to me you can make a arrangment for that sylender. I symply requested try to best its on level if that sylender can blast then who will responsible for that happining. So that my humble request for you to look into the matter and try to short out my proble. And suggested to cancel the licence of that type of service provider.
    Surinder Kumar

• Am
      2nd of Sep, 2013

I have a Indane gas connection & My Consumer No is 56706, when I use that cylinder, It smells in kitchen, I checked and see that cylinder has been leaked from the nosal, at that time I fully blocked the cylinder and kept in the open atmosphere. After this task, I made a call to (18002333555) emergency service of Indane gas but the number of emergency service those 24X7 helpline number have been invalid, after this I made a call to my gas agency (Guru Gas Agency, MKB Nagar, Chennai). Firstly had no response, once again I made call, at that time they told me that our emergency service technician reached my home at about one hour. Please tell me what am I do in that case? Who is responsible if my home kept fire and my whole family shall be kept in this incident?