IKEA / awful business practices
I have just had the most unpleasant experience in your store. We purchased a total of three Poang chairs from your store over the last year. The most recent three weeks ago. We kept the receipt and the box for that one. Yesterday, one of the other chairs delaminated on the right-side and split apart. We packed it in the box and brought it to the store for exchange. Your CSR, Kumar, after looking at it, said it was used and that the receipt and box were not for that chair. Absolutely true, but it was for the same type chair, which you advertise carries a 25 year warranty against defective material or workmanship according to your website. No one disputes it is your product only that the paperwork and the box are not the original. Since when does the box have anything to do with the defective product? Your employee seemed to imply that we were trying to steal something in some way. What we were trying to exchange a defective chair for a new one.
He stated he wouldn't accept the chair and that WE had to remove it from the store. I left it in a cart out front. We had planned to buy a $149 wardrobe after exchanging the broken $60 chair. Needless to say we did not, nor will we shop with you again. So this poor treatment has cost you $149 in sales in the near term, I have called my daughter and suggested she not shop there and I will encourage my friends not to do so either. Monday I will call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Hopefully knowledge about your business practices will either force you to improve them or at least cost you dearly.
More IKEA Complaints & Reviews
- Ikea Aneboda Bed Frame - ikea cheap furniture 
- Ikea Credit Card - ikea credit card is a drama! 
- Ikea / Brimnes Storage Bed - bad service/incorrect details 
- IKEA USA - don't shop there 
- IKEA - malm base and sulton fjordgard mattress - the worst 
- IKEA - complaint
- IKEA - horrible cashier experience
- IKEA - refund not reccived ikea india
- IKEA - most regrettable frustrating experience... (loyalty id 6275980365025385124 - ikea, india)
- IKEA - failed to deliver