ICICI Lombard - Mumbai / false assurance of complimentary benefit!

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased ICICI Lombard Car Insurance thru their Andheri; Mumbai (India) office in December'06 and had paid Rs.16250.00 as annual premium. On buying this policy from ICICI Lombard, I was assured of a complimentary Free Redemption Coupons of 3M of worth Rs.12000.00 and was told by ICICI Lombard's sales executive - Ms. Swati, that on availing the services, i don't have to pay any charges at all.

I was around to see that when I received the coupons (which they didn't deliver until 3 reminders were given); they were at 50% redemption only and NOT 100% redemption! When i took up this matter with Ms. Swati and her senior female officers; they flatly refused that such false commitment was given by Ms. Swati!

since there is no written assurance from her, now she & her colleagues are taking undue advantage and are jeopardizing my benefit of 100% redeeming the 3M coupons!

Two days back, when i told them that i wish to cancel the policy now due to this episode; I was told by Ms. Simaran that she will refund entire amount and today i.e. after 2 days, her senior Ms. Supriya is singing a different song by saying that if the policy is canceled; ICICI Lombard will deduct a sum of Rs.3000.00 as penalty!!!

This is an absolute breach of trust.

Comments

• Na
      1st of Feb, 2008

I agree with u that ICICI Lombard is a cheater company that has no regard for customer issues.

I purchased a policy online and I filed a claim after wards for my vehicle. For 2 months now their surveyors and customer care people are harrassing me by saying that my policy is not valid or that my policy has been bought online so it is not appearing on their system.
    I will advise all to NEVER buy any policy from them and atleast not ONLINE.

• Av
      28th of Feb, 2008

Dear sir,
    My Name:- B.Mallikarjuna Rao
    My Phone No: 9247495433
    The personl accidental claim insurance
    My Claim No- 4005/000109907
    Name- Ammula Naga raju this person death in accident on 04-07-2007 so i can report in Mumbai icici lombard send the claim forms so fill the forms posting on 24-8-2007 in courier in DTDC P.O.D No-H40589781SO SEVEEN Mounths passed no settled so i can phone contract in 13-02-2008 with in two days cleraing no cleraing no settled please take action and early settiled

• Ku
      29th of Sep, 2008

sir, my car number is rj14-ca-1496 my car accident date is 30-06-2007 and date of intimation is 30--6-2007 in ghaziabad servaier name himanshu but my car not repair in any time plz help sir

• Ga
      13th of Oct, 2008

Sir,
    I didnt have credit card but ICICI lombard taken amount frm my credit amount this is too fraud. I m not get credit card frm u & not any letter frm ICICI lombard. This is very very fraud stop ur credit card statement & telephone torture. otherwise we will meet on court
    Ganesan E
    cust id printed on statament
    (6333119)