ICICI Bank - Titanium Credit Card / icici are cheaters!

1 India Review updated:

I applied for an ICICI Titanium credit card around mid of October 1007. The executive visited me, took all forms, photo, documents etc and told and told me that I should be getting the card in the next 2 - 3 weeks . He also told me that I will be getting a verification call, which I received too.

I got three verification calls (Yes, THREE!!) to verify my details, from three different ICICI personnel, asking the same information over the next two weeks and FOUR address verification, Two in Office and TWO in Home and I had to entertain all of them with all the information and additional documents they asked for verification (It was always the same thing and they would say that if they don’t present the documents, the verification will be marked as negative)

I called ICICI last week of October and was informed that my application "cannot be found" on the system!!!

Finally when I called the customer care (the hellish experience on earth) I came to know that my application got rejected (god knows for whatever reasons).

Whenever somebody tries to call icici bank and you will get many options. Upon selecting one option, you will get much more options and the process continues. By the time you speak to some human being (after selecting all unwanted options) you would have spent 10 - 15 mins wasting your phone call.

After all these drama, I came to know the result of my application. First of all, the executives who come to us makes vague promises telling that we are eligible for the card and promise 101 things. The actual truth is, these cheaters get an incentive for "every application form" filled, from the customers, whether the applicants get the card or not.

Wonder how they got to be No. 1 in credit cards.

Comments

• Ra
      18th of Nov, 2007

I had exactly the same experience. What's more I had got the invitation from the bank itself, not from some bank-agent, who may do such things for commissions.

Same thing, 4/5 verification calls, every call 15-20 minutes. Finally when I got pissed off and said that I have changed my mind and no longer wish to apply for the card, the executive coolly says sorry and says he'll do the honors not to dispatch the card. God knows, if they declared me unfit for their credit cards.

That was for gold credit card, now I get Titanium card offer.

26th of May, 2008

To,
    The
    Manager icici credit card
    I bring to kind notice please send me my credit card statement my credit no is 477-----3005and my mobile no is 9305360034

• Ga
      19th of Sep, 2008

dear sir, i am gaurav parekh and my card number is 5176537135996005 and i am using this card from nearly 18th month and i have used nearly 80000/-rs in this and i am also a reguler payement making custmor that you can see my past payments but i am not gatting any reward point for my uses my statment always sawing o earning untill today i think this is not possible after 18 months and my request is that if i am earning or holding any rewad point than please transfer my point to reedemt it and send me all petrol voucher if i am holing any points.please looking to matter and please reply.thanku. gaurav parekh.