ICICI Bank Credit Card / after closing the credit card still sending sms & statements for making payments

1 India Review updated:

I have closed my credit card on 5th September 2007 vide receipt no.C08070 3669257 for an amount of Rs.90, 500/- against my icici bank credit card. However till date the bank is still sending me SMS, mails and statements to pay the interest accrued and service tax amount against the above credit card. Because the bank has not updated their system / records on the above closure and they keep sending reminders calling and sending letters to residence, creating more problems and pain to customers. Inspite of my several requests to customercare/ call centers and credit card depts regarding this closure has just got drained and went all in vain.

Ma

Comments

• Pe
      24th of Sep, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I had paid last installment of my personal loan in August-2008. Still I have got one SMS to pay installment by 29th Sept, 2008. I have not got any statement yet for the same.
    My credit card no. is 4477 4665 1416 8003.

Please look into the matter and reply me immediately.

Thanks.

Peeyush Vyas
    Mobile: 94142-47745

• Nk
      27th of Nov, 2009

To, 26th Nov, 2009
    The ICICI Bank
    IInd Floor, 6 Sansad Marg,
    Parliament Street, New Delhi.

Sub: - Unnecessarily Harassment and levy of arbitrary chargeS against my credit
    Card No- 5176377100680007 issued on false representation by the agent of ICICI
    credit on my request for closure of the said account.

Sir,
    The Above credit card was issued to me almost one year back which I have used for several occasions. The charges were quite exorbitant which I have paid regularly.

On 4th June 2009, vide my letter of even date I have made the last payment of Rs. 590.28 as full & final vide cheque No-728132 dated 04/06/2009 of PNB, Navyug Market, Ghaziabad and requested for closure of my credit card account

The said cheque along with my request letter which was dispatched by courier receipt No-306075166 dated 05/06/2009 were duly accepted and encashed by the credit card division. The copy of closure letter along with courier receipt are enclosed here with for your kind perusal (as annexure I & II). The above fact of receipt of my letter and cheque was also confirmed telephonically from the office concerned.

To my surprise the cheque was encashed but the request for closure was not entertained.

There after I had been served with regularly monthly bills demanding undue charges for interest / penalty.

On further intimating the office an executive / visited my premises and further assured that on payment of Rs. 240/- as full & final the said account will be closed. I have duly paid Rs. 240/- in cash on 12/08/2009 to the officer concerned vide his receipt No-C0609-8481886 dated 12/08/2009 (Copy enclosed annexure III) but again to my astonishment, harassment, mental agony I am being served bills demanding un warranted late payments fee interest charges, service tax, where as the fact remain that the said credit card was never used by me after 04/06/2009, where in I have first sent my request and intimated the office for closure of account with necessary payments for closure.

Thereafter I have been regularly requesting verbally and in writing (the copy of which are enclosed herewith as annexure III & IV) but no action is taken.

The necessary document regarding my reminder / courier receipt are enclosed herewith as proof of the truth of my submission and unnecessary harassment caused to me.

Kindly look into the matter at the earliest and direct the ICICI bank for genuine closure of the account with withdrawal of all false and vague charges after 04/06/2009 and also necessary compensation which you feel reasonably good may be awarded.
    Thanking You

Ghaziabad, U.P
    M. No- 9811708370
    Email: - nkandassociates@gmail.com

Encl: - I. Letter dated 04/06/2009 for closure
    Vide courier No-306075166 dated 4-06-2009.
    II. Reminder dated 25/07/2009
    Vide courier Receipt No-306561483.
    Reminder dated 27/07/2009
    Vide courier Receipt No-306561488.
    III. Acknowledgement Receipt No- C06098481886
    Dated – 12/08/2009.
    IV. Letter dated 10/11/2009 to Credit card DIV, Rohini.

C.C. 1. Credit Card Dept.
    ICICI Bank

Mohamed Illyas Khan,
    E.S.I, Road No. 1,
    Banjara Hill
    Hyderabad-500034.
    For needful immediate action: - as the matter was
    Discussed Mr. Yadav Krishna Telephonically.