ICICI Bank / personal loan fraud!

1 India Review updated:

I have applied for personal loan in Vashi branch & submitted all the documents to the officer. For first time they put my application for cancellation for Some document that I needed to submit. Then after I submitted that document they have given me new reference no. After some day status of that new reference no. was also showing as "cancel" & that is also for similar reason, which was showing for previous reference no. The customer care is always created for careless talking on phone with customers, so the customer care executive told me to wait for 2 days or apply in some other bank for loan. I asked him that what is the exact reason for the cancellation of my loan & he told me that the exact reason for loan cancellation is not told to anyone as it is always confidential.

After facing this much of trouble I believe & request to all of u my friends pls never ever apply in ICICI Bank for any kind of loan. As they never care for their customers. Its only brand but having no values for the customer.

Comments

• Im
      23rd of Nov, 2007

ICICI Bank hosted my current account for a small home based firm, I lost thousands and I did not realize that they keep taking my money till yesterday when I checked in the balance was Rs.250 ??? So if you maintian a penny less than 10,000 they take your whole funds away !!! I am extreamly disappointed in their fraudulent banking pactices. "Hum hai Na ????" What the heck is counting charges, if you put 10,00,000 and they take away 10,000 for counting counted fresh bank notes ? For every penny you put in their account whether it is Rs.100 to whatever they have a fixed service charge of equivalent proportions ??? How did these cheats get so big ? I vow to quit ICICI forever !

ICICI Bank - Personal Loan
    ICICI Bank
    India

Hi,

When I applied for personal loan, ICICI people told that ther eis no processiong fee for our company.But when they approved loan they deducted processing fee. At that time I asked them to take bank loan amt as i am not interested in loan if processing fee is there. At that time they told that they are going to adjust that amt in the last EMI.But they have not adjusted and when I called customer carethe response is also bad.
    Currently I am in USA and if you need any clarification please call me @ 001- 973-452-2281

Madan

Dear Krith,

We're sorry to know how you feel.

Please write to us with your loan account number and contact details at care@icicibank.com (Subject line: UID 204677).
    We'll be glad to be of assistance.

Regards,
    ICICI Customer Service Team.

• Hi

Dear Chanda Kochhar Madam,

This is with reference to the above subject.

I had the most harrowing experience from ICICI Home Loan Department in Borivali(W) from the customer service representative.

I went to the Borivali(W) branch around a month back to enquire about how to convert the existing home loan to the new rates and again went on 30th Jan 2010 and met with the same customer service representative but both the times she gave me different details on the schemes available for conversion and second time she even told me that there is no scheme available for conversion and she has never told me about any such scheme.She even failed to recognize me and told me that nothing can be done.

I had taken Home Loan in 2004 and my current rate is 12.75% floating, my FRR/PLR is 0.75%, so effective rate is 12%.

During my first visit, I asked the customer service representative on the process for conversion and she told me that I will have to pay 1.75%+service tax to convert my old home loan to new rates of 8.75%. I told her that this is not fair and there should be something for the existing home loans customers to convert their old rates to new ones without any charges.
    She first made some faces and then told me that she can give me 8.25% fixed for 2 years and floating rate thereafter with no conversion charges if I make an Investment of INR 50, 000/- per year in ICICI Purdential's Retirement Plan with no entry and exit loads.She was very keen to sell the Investment Plan and was not bothered to listen to my problem. I told her I cannot make the investment, so she told me that I will have to pay the conversion charges.

I do not understand why ICICI Bank wants to penalize all its old customer's with such conditions and lack of transparency, why does the bank want to charge any conversion rates for customers who wish to increase their variance, why is ICICI Bank asking its representatives to sell ICICI Prudential Products to convert old home loan rates to new.

Such behavior from customer service representative of such a reputed bank baffles me completely.

I have the below requests to ICICI Bank:
    1.Convert my existing Home Loan to New Home Loan rates and give me a Variance of 4% fixed for the entire tenure.
    2.This conversion should be done without charging any fees.
    3.I should not be asked to invest in any ICICI Prudential Plan.

I request for an early resolution to my problems.
    My Home Loan Account No is:LBMUM00000842460

My Contact Details are
    Hitesh K Soni
    9821475857 (M)

Dear Hitesh,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
    We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

Regards,
    ICICI Customer Service Team.

Hi Madan,

We are sorry to hear about your experience.We have made a note of your mobile number.We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

• Kr
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Icici Bank is trying to cheat customers who are running personal loan with it.
    I took a personal loan for 4 years term and the banking is trying to extend its term by one more year. it mens that bank is asking me to pay extra 12 EMIs. It is a clear cut cheat, cheat cheat...
    Beware of it.