ICICI Bank / undue charges on credit cards

1 India

I paid Rs.4630 against the statement for the month of Oct 06 on 1st Nov 06 Vide cheque no 337547 which got credited to your banks account on 6th Nov 06 as per my saving bank statement. Even after this I got statement for the month of Nov 06 stating this amount as balance. To add to the insult you have charged Rs.1630.31 as interest on this amount and late payment fee+service tax as 536. I have send so many mails to the customer care dept on this anomaly & requested to correct the accounts but to my surprise there was no response from them & the same continued till date. Getting no response from you, I decided to stop all transactions on these credit cards from April 07. Ultimately I lodged complaint in this month about non credit of the amount.On 17th July 07 I got reply from you that the amount is credited to your bank account on 17th July 07. How this can happen? The same cheque can not be deposited twice.Even after this your people are asking me to pay Rs.11492.12 instead of correcting account/statements from the month of Nov 06.I called them to send their representative to check the documents available with me. But instead of doing this they just call me for undue payment. This is a mental torture. If the things are not settled within 7 days, I do not have any other option but to approach consumer court to settle the issue.