Hyundai Santro Xing / alternator breakdown

1 India Review updated:

I bought my Santro 2 years back and it is in third year of its running. Though the ride has always been comfortable, there 's a huge concern that I have with my car.

Concern : Issue with Alternator
What happens : The car stops charging battery due to faulty Alternator and comes to a halt.
How Often : This has happened thrice (or probably four times) in 2.5 years of buying the car.
It happened first time in first year of operation, second in second year and third at start of third year
Impact: I was stranded at 10PM on a road where I had no support
Car ceased while travelling during one of very big family functions causing me embarassment
Car ceased while I had gone for an exam to far off place.
Car gave problems in ignition while I was out of station(in chandigarh) for a meeting and marriage

This could be manufacturing defect or Improper repairs. I have lost my faith in my car although I have always been getting it properly serviced on time which can be checked from Samara Hyundai workshop's inventory. With such an uncertainity, how can one plan any travel on car.

I have been talking to workshop people at Samara and they have been repairing it all the time. It does cost me a lot of time when i have to give my car for repairs for half a day.

Although I have just written to Hyundai a week ago, but they seem to be not email savvy...No Response as sucb till date..!!

Comments

• Te
      23rd of Jul, 2008

my santro have been getting worse and it started after my first service at hyundai.The car start to shut down while shifting gear, jerking at low speed.it must be an electrical problem where everyone can locate.now I, ve change the stepper motor, ignition coil, spark plug and cables, check for loose wires, fuses box, clean the fuel tank, air filter and change the fuel pump, filter, check the ECU for capacitor leak and there is no code when diagnose. now can anyone tell me what is wrong with this car.

• As
      23rd of May, 2011

Hyundai Santro customer care is worst.In fact there is no customer care at all.