Hyundai Santa Fe 2003 — engine
I purchased a Hyundai Santa Fe 2003 in 2008 with 30, 000 miles on it. I am faithful to routine maintenace on it, but also because of my warrenty coverage.
In August, while driving my car on a busy roadway, it just quit. I had it towed to a mechanic, he checked it out and said my timing belt went, at 63, 000 miles on it. He went to change the timing belt, which I might add was not under warranty, and noticed the water pump was in tough shape, so I told him to replace that, of course the warranty company wanted copies of all the maintenance records sent over to them before they would cover the cost of replacing the pump. Well, all the records were in the car and the car was on the lift, so that was impossible to do. Anyways, they replaced everything and couldnt get the car started...come to find out my car engine was destroyed!! Over a bad belt!!! I had to ask people for money to replace my engine, because I am currently out of work. I called Hyundai and they basically said to bad, the timing belt should have been changed in 2007, I didn't own the car in 2007 and why would anyone change the belt with under 30, 000 miles on it...I would like Hyundai to refund the money it cost me to get a new engine...$4000.00 - should I say used engine, because they redid the engines for that model in 2006 and of course it would not fit my 2003... This is very unfair to me..and I would like to be compensated for all this.
More Hyundai Santa Fe 2003 Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai Motor Copany / Neal And Massy Trinidad And Tobago - defective vehicle
- Hyundai Wonderboom - damage caused by workshop and other damage not repaired 
- Hyundai Motor America - service at kearny mesa
- Hyundai Motor America - no power steering 
- Hyundai of New Port Richey - my car was a lemon!!!
- Deep Hyundai - poor performance