Hyundai Motors / displeasure over unreasonable repair charges

1 India Review updated:

I am writing this letter to bring to your notice the agony suffered by me for getting my Car [No.AP9AZ3716] serviced at your Kun Hyundai Showroom. This car is my second car and I already owned a Car of the same model. Satisfied fully with the performance of my earlier car I bought the present car. While my earlier vehicle ran for 70,000Kms in 3years and I have spent less than Rs.10,000/- for its servicing and maintenance. The second car however ran for just 11,899Kms and started experiencing problems. I gave it for servicing at your Kun Hyundai Showroom. Your staff told me that there was an exhaust problem and replaced it. The charges for the same amounted to Rs.6341/-.

On the same day I received a call from your showroom asking whether the car in warranty. When I replied in the negative, I was told there was white smoking coming from the car and the car needs to undergo overhauling. For this they informed that the charges would be Rs.45,000/- On further talks with your staff, I was given a concession of Rs.7,500/- only.

Utterly dissatisfied with the service, I have taken car from Kun Hyundai workshop and gave it for servicing and repairing at Talwar Hyundai [where my earlier car also was serviced] the whole check up and repairs costed only Rs.14,772/- only.

A satisfying experience with the performance of my first car made me confident that I would not need a 3year extended warranty. Would this faith in Hyundai amount to negligence? I wonder if I was sold a car with manufacturing defects as my exhaust revealed a problem at such an early stage. Also the moment your staff came to know my car was not in warranty, they quoted me a hefty sum of Rs.45,000/- and again when I put some pressure they reduced it by Rs.7,500/-. I suspect a foul play in this. Shelling out [6,341+45,000] for a car that ran for just 11,900Kms is ridiculous. Its more than a month & half since this episode and I have not experienced any further problem for the car so far. I gave sufficient time in case further problems developed with the car.

Comments

• Vi
      15th of Nov, 2007

I am interested in purchasing I-10 Era (Metallic) from Allahabad.

However, I find a huge difference in Ex-show room price of this model quoted on your website, which is Rs 3,79,934 and the ex-showroom price quoted by the dealer, which Rs 4, 04,938 (approx).

In case both are genuine prices, Please let me know the reason behind this.

Also, in case any one of these figures not being proper, please advise regarding my future course of action.