Hyundai Motors / displeasure over unreasonable repair charges
I am writing this letter to bring to your notice the agony suffered by me for getting my Car [No.AP9AZ3716] serviced at your Kun Hyundai Showroom. This car is my second car and I already owned a Car of the same model. Satisfied fully with the performance of my earlier car I bought the present car. While my earlier vehicle ran for 70,000Kms in 3years and I have spent less than Rs.10,000/- for its servicing and maintenance. The second car however ran for just 11,899Kms and started experiencing problems. I gave it for servicing at your Kun Hyundai Showroom. Your staff told me that there was an exhaust problem and replaced it. The charges for the same amounted to Rs.6341/-.
On the same day I received a call from your showroom asking whether the car in warranty. When I replied in the negative, I was told there was white smoking coming from the car and the car needs to undergo overhauling. For this they informed that the charges would be Rs.45,000/- On further talks with your staff, I was given a concession of Rs.7,500/- only.
Utterly dissatisfied with the service, I have taken car from Kun Hyundai workshop and gave it for servicing and repairing at Talwar Hyundai [where my earlier car also was serviced] the whole check up and repairs costed only Rs.14,772/- only.
A satisfying experience with the performance of my first car made me confident that I would not need a 3year extended warranty. Would this faith in Hyundai amount to negligence? I wonder if I was sold a car with manufacturing defects as my exhaust revealed a problem at such an early stage. Also the moment your staff came to know my car was not in warranty, they quoted me a hefty sum of Rs.45,000/- and again when I put some pressure they reduced it by Rs.7,500/-. I suspect a foul play in this. Shelling out [6,341+45,000] for a car that ran for just 11,900Kms is ridiculous. Its more than a month & half since this episode and I have not experienced any further problem for the car so far. I gave sufficient time in case further problems developed with the car.
More Hyundai Motors Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai Motor Copany / Neal And Massy Trinidad And Tobago - defective vehicle
- Hyundai - poor product / heaterbox on hyundai i20
- Hyundai Motor America - honduras dealer service
- Hyundai - peeling and yellowing paint
- Hyundai Motor America - hyundai sonata 2016
- Hyundai Motor America - an excess wear and tear on my 2015 sonata