Hyundai Motor India / Verna Car / warranty compliance denial

1 India Review updated:

Hyundai Verna CRDI, a product of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. was purchased by me on 22.11.06. The wind screen (Front glass) developed a crack which is without any impact or accident. This is definitely due to manufacturing defect in the glass or some fitting defect by Hyundai.

I am being harassed by the said Company since 15th Feb 2007 (date of complain) and till today, neither their helpline, nor customer care, regional and national customer care executives have bothered to redress the complain.

My regular approach to the local helpline (situated at Gandhidham, Gujarat, India) and national helpline are themselves helpless and unable to look into the complain.

Beware of Hyundai Motor India!

Comments

14th of May, 2007
    Hyundai Verna (Crdi) - Break down
    India

I have purchased a car 29.01.2007 (Hyundai Verna CRDI) and faced a problems of Breakdowns in three times in span of 5 months. Problem was solved by Goregaon Service Station. But Problem occurs often which cause me & my family a lot. Nobody from Hyundai is bothered about my complaint.

• Ha
      21st of Jul, 2007

HMIL - Hyuandai India is insensitive to customer complaints. I have faced a problem in engine due to manufacturing defect (approved by one of their service centers) and this happened well within the warranty period. More frustrating part is no response from them since last 15 days.

I will be moving to consumer court soon...

I had spoken to national service head Kohli and Khoker(regional) several time they say we will get back but basically fool you by saying that.

PATHETIC SERVICE - If you are unlucky one (your car is one such defective piece), you better be armed to go LEGAL against them.

• Am
      10th of Aug, 2008

I have recently purchased my verna crdi in the month of July 2008 and am facing a problem of left hand side pulling right from the day 1. During test drive the vehicle had a similar pulling on the left and for which I was informed by the sales guy that since its a test drive vehicle and many people drive this so there is pulling in this vehicle. I have left my car with the showroom guys for 5 days and wasted lot of my time but the problem still continues. Even Hyundai people have come and attended the vehicle but have failed to solve the problem. When you tell these people during the trial that the pulling is still there, they try to cover up by saying " sir the road is bad and hence there is pulling on the left". My vehicle has done nearly 2000kms and the leftside lupping saga continues. The showroom guys have done the alignment atleast 4 times and also changed whatever they had to in the suspension but the DEFECT still continues to be there with the vehicle. As a matter of fact, I have just come across another buyer who is facing the same problem and his dealer has told him that this is a very common thing with all verna's.
    Why to accept a faulty product? We Indians are not going to accept defective products.
    I have also decided that incase the company is not able to solve my problem then they have to give me a free replacement, as what is the fun in buying a new car which gives you problems from the day 1.

• Ra
      25th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a Hyundai Verna CRDI in MAy 2008 and am facing the same problem of pulling towards left. I have taken car to service station four times and even after many alignments the problem is not solved. All affected persons should make an association and demand replacemnts.

• Sh
      7th of Oct, 2008

I have a Santro XL 2006 Model which I bought from Jai Bharat Hyudai, Mumbai. I transfered to Delhi recently in year 2008. My car was working fine but one day its AC stopped cooling, I took my car to Sunrise Hyundai, Mother Dairy, Patparganj Road and asked them to escalate the trouble. They said there is some coil which has to be replaced. Which later was fixed and worked fine for almost 1 month.

Just 3 days before once again AC stopped cooling. This time fan also stopped. Once again I had to give my car back to Sunrise Hyundai Service Station. This time I categorically asked them to check thoroughly check the vehicle and fix the problem. Also I asked them to service my vehicle because the due date for service was near. They said they fixed the problem and as I started from service station, just after 200 meters of journey once again AC stopped cooling.

I know again I will give my car back to Service Station, again they will fix the fuse etc and this process will keep going. Don't you think it is a wastage of Time, Money and Resource. Now I lost my confidence in these service stations. The say they changed oil, they did this and that, charged Rs. 7841 for this. How can I believe them? When a job which was very obvious and visible for a common man like me who is unknown to automobiles, was not done properly, what is the guarantee the things which needs specialized knowledge to check have been done?

We consumer give our vehicle to authorized service stations and pay twice the price for thing which we can get from outside because we want our vehicle in best condition and reliable spares, handled by experts. Now tell me where to go? Whom to believe?

21st of Feb, 2009

Sir
    I had purchased Hyundai i-10 era of Oyster gray color on 14/01/2009 from M/s SUHRIT SERVICES Pvt Ltd, Mayapuri, New Delhi entrusting on the customer services of Hyndai Motors worldwide.

Unfortunately the dealership of M/s Suhrit Hyundai was stopped or cancelled soon after I bought the car because of which till date I have not received even the PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION COPY and original copy of the Insurance policy. Since I have taken loan from my company for the same purpose, I needed to submit the required papers to my Organization before 18/01/2009.Now I failed to submit the papers, company is taking an interest of 18% on the loan drawn by me from my salary.

The Suhrit Showroom broke a number of commitments during the whole period right from car booking (on 22/12/2008) to delivery (on 14/01/2009) & after Sales services leaving me grossly dissatisfied with the services of Hyundai Motor Corporation.

So many times I talked to Delhi Hyundai care Deptt (9873564645) where from I was just given a Complain No.- 1-18975075. I also talked to Ms Aparna (011-66241100, Sales Support) she just told that she has 800 other cases, she cannot help me and Suresh Menon (9940090000, Sales Mgr), the talk ended without any concrete reply. No body is saying when will I get the Provisional Registration Copy. Is that all your customer care cell does??

So many days I went to the Suhrit Showroom and waited for so many hours. As I am a working Engineer I have lots of work other than this.

Buying a Hyundai car has turned out to be a horrible nightmare for me since in a metro like Delhi I cannot even drive the car now without proper papers.

Can you please help me out urgently on this issue... Or else I shall be compelled to go the Consumer Forum with leigel resources.

Please let me know when I am going to receive my Provisional RC with compensation money and original copy of Insurance policy.

My car No written on the Gate PAss is DL3CBH0778
    Engine No.-G4HG8M618655
    Chassis No.- MALAM51BR8M198709*J

Anticipating an early reply and favourable response from you.

Regards

Anubhav Verma
    Mob No.-9958447676
    Email- anubhav.verma@eil.co.in
    Alternate email id- anunitp@yahoo.co.in

• Si
      10th of Sep, 2009

i had purchased hyundai crdi verna car nov2007 . under warranty with running 28000km, front tyres and rear tyres worn out, very badly, despite reminding to all concern, no suitable reply,
    now hyundia verna car become nightmare for me,
    i request the people dont buy this nightmare hyundai product
    Lakhbir singh
    cell no 09815116115

• Ni
      22nd of Dec, 2009

i am facing same prob wid my verna ...its a 2009 model, , , just one month old ... its pulling towards left from day 1 ...

wat should i do, , , , company has done alignment several times, , but unable to solve prob...?

2nd of Apr, 2010

these are regular complaint. i have also very bittter expirene about MGF Dealer of Hyundai Car in Delhi.
    They jusk making fool of us. my car accent rgulary visiting for periodical service. On 29 March i went to MGF Patparganj, Delhi for compleet check up and paid service of my accent car. you will surprise to know that in paid service they just wash your car apperently and engine from upper side only. they dont bother to open dicky and not clean stepny also. After regular complaint they donot bother for all customers. They are perfect in only macanical work. they has no proper arrangment of wheel balancing and wheel allignment.
    it will be better if you will wash/service your car from out side of Hyundai dealers/authorised workshop. you will get perfect work and low charges also. hope you all under stand ones they take you car for service to just making money only, customer satisfaction is O. SKK, Delhi.

2nd of Apr, 2010

these are regular complaint. i have also very bitter experience about MGF Dealer of Hyundai Car in Delhi.
    They just making fool of us. my car accent regularly visiting for periodical service. On 29 March i went to MGF Patparganj, Delhi for complete check up and paid service of my accent car. you will surprise to know that in paid service they just wash your car apparently and engine from upper side only. they don't bother to open Dicky and not clean stepny also. After regular complaint they don't bother for all customers. They are perfect in only mechanical work. they has no proper arrangement of wheel balancing and wheel alignment.

• Na
      20th of Jun, 2010

HI
    SIR
    MY HUNDAI VERNA CAR NO MH-02-BY-5004 DEALER, SHRINATH HUNDAI ANDHERI WEST MUMBAI
    I HAVE PARCHEGE THE CAR SHRINATH HUNDAI ANDHERI WEST MUMBAI, THE CAR WAS ADAMEGE AFTER DILEVERY, I HAVE MANY COMPLECE TO SHOW ROOM PLEASE REPAIRS THE CAR, LAST 25 DAYS,
    I HAVE COMPLAINT TO CUSJUMAR COURT PLEASE CHANGE THE CAR.
    HUNDAI COMPANY I HAVE REQWESTED TO PLEASE TAKE THE NESSACERY ACTION OF SHRINATH HUNDAI MUMBAI IN THIS METTER & GIVE REP.
    MY E MAIL ID natvarp@yahoo.com, natvarp@hotmail.com