Hyundai Motor America / unethical behavior

1 Orlando, FL, United States

Immediately after receiving a satisfaction survey inquiry, about a week after purchasing my Santa Fe (limited ultimate edition), I received several emails and calls from a the dealership rep asking about my experience. Before completing the survey, I did want to share a couple of thoughts directly impacting my perception and experience via email to the sales rep, Carlos Garces, and the dealer reputation manager, Lori Bautista, on June 9, 2018, and have not heard back to date.

A major negotiation point in purchasing the vehicle was the tow package. While we were told the vehicle was equipped and ready for a hitch, after inspecting with the salesperson, my husband found it was not. A deal maker/breaker was the inclusion of tow package in the purchase price. We were led to believe that would be a ‘really big job' and could not be done, but upon researching we learned that it is not. For a seemingly minimal investment ($200-300) on the dealership's behalf, in the eyes of a customer, the credibility of salesperson and integrity of this dealership was compromised.

Prior to my email I had not been reached out via email, call or text by the dealership. Several emails and a phone call came at consecutively within minutes of each other. I was asked, by phone, to forward the survey so that the feedback could be provided on my behalf. In my line of work (Human Resources) that would be considered fraudulent. It doesn't make a good impression, tarnishing the business image and the ethics of your sales team. Coincidentally, following my email, I was locked out from taking the survey to provide feedback.

I appreciate the attention and am happy to discuss my experience and concerns by email (atvelez@yahoo.com) or mobile [protected]).

At