Humana / failure to process claims, slow, unwilling to pay, lack of doctore

We have had several claims from doctors on the plan denied, with promises from Humana to reprocess. Five months later nothing has happened. I noticed their profits are up a lot over the last quarter of '07.
What a joke. If I had a choice between national health care and Humana, I'd take National Health Care, and I'm a conservative.

Sh

Comments

• Di
      9th of Oct, 2008

I have a few claims still not resolved from June. I had my Doctors office call to see why Humana wouldn't cover my visit. Humana told me it was filed as a sick visit. The Doctors office told me it was filed as a physical.
    After the the Doctors office contacted Humana, Humana agreed that they were supose to cover 4 visits 100%. This one would have been viit #2. So back for evaluating it goes.

• Je
      16th of Apr, 2009

It seems you have a taste of Humana. It's a bitter taste that lingers forever. Humana has made it darn near impossible to send in claims and get reimburssed. For instance, I fought like hell to get Humana to reimburse me for one appointment. I filed the claim on 2/2/06. I recieved my small check from Humana on 8/27/07. Math is not my strong point, but I believe that is around 18 months and twenty or so days. Every company is allowed to make a mistake. I filed another claim on 3/14/06 in which I was reimbursed on 11/8/07. Again, math is not my strength, but I believe that equals around 19 months that it took Humana to send me a check.
    Humana's delinquency turned out to be the least of my problems. Humana finally sent me a check for 339.68. (the check has faded, but I believe that is the correct amount.) Briefly after recieving the check in the mail, I deposited it via the atm machine at my bank. To my complete surprise, Wachovia called me to notify me that the check from Humana that I deposited was invalid. It quickly became the talk of my small town, including my bank, that Humana actually issued an invalid check to me. Although my story must soudn absurd, I'm telling the truth. I should add that I have had to call Humana over 70 times due to problems. I'm begging for other persons who have had problems with Humana to speak out. Humana will continue to run "business as usual" until enough persons speak out about the company. If you don't want to email me I understand. But, if you know of anyone else who is willing to come forward about Humana, please give them my address. jtbirdiusrex@yahoo.com Thanks, jenny schmtiz

• Li
      21st of Jul, 2010

Physician Finder Plus - MyHumana

Other Providers:
    Physician Details
    Perry County Family Practice Inc

Network: HumanaChoicePPO (Medicare PPO)

1625 Airport Rd
    New Lexington, OH 43764

County: Perry
    Phone: (740) 342-5158
    Fax: (740) 342-7393

This is my Dr's office but Humana says it is out of network????

• Hi
      8th of Jan, 2014

Just got off the phone with a Humana representative after being transferred 4 times, it is impossible for them to process claims correctly. I'm told processed according to repricing, however when I contact the repricing company, they have confirmed that the correct repricing according to contract, Humana receives it and then from there on it's a hell of a mess...takes them at least 4 months or more to reprocess and mind you does no good to contact appeals or grievances department, they just give you the run around, so next step is reporting them to the department of insurance. Geting to a point where we shouldn't even contract with them but due to the fact we have patient's covered by them, hate to turn them away. Then again, the insured patient's go thru hell with them as well...