Hughesnet / they lie to customers

1 TX, United States Review updated:

When we called to check on Hughes Net we told we would get a $100.00 Rebate which we were to fill out a form and send in after 30 days. The installer came out and repeated this. Both knew we were leasing the equipment. We sent in the completed paperwork and they responded saying we would NOT get the rebate promised to us, it was ONLY for customer who bought the equipment.
That was the 1st LIE!

We were told how fast Hughes Net is.
We are paying over 70.00 per month for Internet that is not much faster than Dial Up most of the time, it goes out constantly. I can't play an online game we love because it says they detect my slow Internet. This was the 2nd LIE!

We were ALSO told we could watch TV online but the installer said Not to exceed watching over 6 hours a day or we would exceed our limit. We watched 2 super bowl commercials and BANG! IT would not even open one page. We could not even open a Google search page for over 24 hours after that. 3rd LIE!

Customer service is Terrible! We called over and over when it was so slow nothing would open. We seldom get anyone who can speak English well enough to understand and they are apparently trained to say 'We show nothing wrong with your service. '
This is the 4th LIE. We no longer call because it's a complete waste of time.
We tried to call Accounting to question LIE #1 (The Rebate) they were of no help. He requested the name of the CEO and they said they didn't have that information. We requested to talk to a supervisor and they put us on hold and never came back to the phone. Now that is what I call Top Notch Customer Service!

My advice to anyone thinking of getting Hughes Net. DON'T!
Dial up isn't that bad when I look back...at least it worked ...slow but it did work and I was not lied to repeatedly.
In summary, this company is no more than a Scam. They lock you in a long contract and it cost an arm and leg to get out of it.

Comments

• Me
      25th of Nov, 2009

File a compliant with t he FCC. Her is webpage to do ti. https://esupport.fcc.gov/sform2000/formA!input.action?form_page=2000A