Hughes Network / fraud and cheating
Techstar installed equipment. Installer tried to force us to sign up for their internet support, stating HughesNet was so bad that we would spend all of our time on the phone to India. Techstar wanted another $18 to keep HughesNet working.
The service was suppose to be 1MB. It was never over 22KB. Techstar scheduled appointment to correct their shotty installation. Technician never showed up. When I called the local office, the guy said that he had sent the tech home for the day. I told him to cancel my service and pick up the equipment. He hung up on me.
I spent the next 2.5 hours on the phone, primarily to India. None of them spoke english beyond reading from a form. Eventually I got U.S. numbers but they were worthless. Ultimately I spoke to Anna, who was suppose to be a district office over Techstar. She was worthless. Told me if I took the satellite off of my roof, boxed it up and shipped the 50+ lbs. of equipment, at my expense, to MD; they would refund me $200 of my $476.96.
What a total scam. They have no intention of providing a service. Techstar makes their money installing and selling you additional technical support so they aren't going to help. HughesNet is so insulated by foreign countries and indifferent employees that they aren't going to help. After all, they have your money, what do they care.
American Express notified me that they didn't get adequate justification from HughesNet and credited me for the charge. HughesNet promptly turned it over to a collection agency.
Don't get involved with HughesNet or any of their contractors. They provide miserably inadequate service and are only out to take you for every dime they can get. I can't begin to tell you the grief they have caused.
More Hughes Network Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - No or either very poor internet service
- Hughes Network Systems - unauthorized charge on card
- Hughesnet - Internet Provider
- Hughes Network Systems - I was lord too!
- Hughes Network Systems - service