HSBC/Credit Card / hsbc-tata aig general insurance

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Sandeep Lohchab, I used to carry a HSBC credit card and few days after receipt of Credit Card, I got a call from TATA AIG saying that “TATA AIG-HSBC have made a partnership for general insurance”. That executive start telling me about the plan and start gathering me the information, I told him that I don’t require this kind of policy. Instead of my denying he sent me the policy.

After receipt of the policy, again I called the TATA-AIG that I don’t want this policy. But no action has been taken and when I receipt the statement that policy premium amount was there.

After that I called HSBC and TATA AIG many times. They are saying that you have to give written application for cancellation. Then I told that I have never opted for this policy then why should I apply for cancellation.

But they are always adding that amount to my statement.

Finally I destroyed the card.

But, still I am getting the calls from them regarding the payment.

Please help me what should I do in such situation.

AS I HAVE NEVER GIVE ANY ACCEPTANCE IN WRITTEN THEN WHY THEY ARE CHARGING ME FOR THIS KIND OF POLICY.

Hope for a positive reply me from your end.

With Regards

Sandeep Lohchab

Comments

• Ra
      1st of Jun, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

Some 1 yrs back 2008 i was approached by HSBC credit card agents who kept on following up with me till i agreed to apply for their life time free crdit card. I had never used the credit card. After 1 yr i received a call from the bank that i had outstanding balance of Rs 4000.On enquiring about the transaction the bank told me that the same has been deducted towards TATA AIG General Insurance premium.I was shocked to hear that since i had neither applied for the same nor received any such policy either from TATA AIG or HSBC. I got my card blocked and asked the bank to cancel the policy as i had not applied for the same.
    But they are always adding that amount to my statement.

Finally I destroyed the card.

But, still I am getting the calls from them regarding the payment.

Please help me what should I do in such situation.

Hope for a positive reply me from your end.

• Rk
      18th of Nov, 2009

The same happened with me. They have not taken even my Signature for the agreement then how can they consider me as a policy holder and most important how can they take money from credit card without any agrrement.

• Na
      4th of Jan, 2010
    HSBC/Credit Card - Credit card not working but statement is still coming
    HSBC/Credit Card
    India

Dear Sir,

This is reference to my credit card issued to me.When I received my card it was not working I cannot able to access anywhere.I complained to costomor care center and they asked me to send new card but till not I have not recieved my card.When I called to costomer care again then they asked me your old card has been blocked and new card will be issued to you soon.But till date I have not recieved my card while I am getting the statements of some amounts.

As I have not purchesed anything with this card and already paid Rs 2500/ as per instruction of recovery department as they ask me to close the statements as zero till the new card issued to me.

But till date neither I recieved my new card nor got the closeing of statements with zero balance.

Therefore I request you to issue me working card and make my statement with zero balance till the receiving of new card.

Details are as given below:

Name: Naveen P Yadawa
    Card No. : 4384599984520741
    Mobile No : 9322695040

• Sk
      21st of Jan, 2011
    HSBC/Credit Card - Customer service
    HSBC
    California

HSBC was rated the worst credit card company under last year's survey. I can see the reasons why. It has limited customer service hours. I have called so many times in the afternoons and weekends and I had to wait until the next business day. Anybody who has HSBC credit cards can close them down and try a new company