HSBC / unwanted phone calls from hsbc

I get 8 calls a day, even on Sunday from HSBC, they are for my daughter who does live here... who can I call to stop these calls?

Comments

• Gi
      12th of Jun, 2007

I am in the same boat. They call my husbands phone a ridiculous amount of times from the 1st to the 15th of the month. A lot of times it will be at least 10 calls in 1 day in half hour intervals. I finally answered the call just to complain and talked to some woman that sounded like she was in India. I had also checked my bank statement online and it said the payment was taken out of my account on the 5th of the month. I have NEVER had a late payment.. yet they still proceed to harass me. I said.. "Well, there IS a 15 day grace period, I don't think I should get a call until the 15th day if the payment hasn't posted." She says " Well, are you aware that's it's already the 12th?" NO DUH LADY!

Yeesh, this company makes me mad. Being a first time homeowner I'm new to this, but I can't take this company and I want out of their clutches! If anyone has any good advice on a way to get them to stop calling me that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

• Al
      22nd of Jun, 2007

I too am having the same problem with my cell phone. About five days ago HSBC has started calling at about the same time every day. I have made several attempts to get them to stop calling. I have had this cell number for several years and I have just started receiving these calls. The number they are calling from is 909-397-3080. If you call the number you are greeted by an automated machine that indicates that they are with HSBC. Also if you Google the number you get a hit for a HSBC website.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post a solution to this problem.

21st of Sep, 2007

I'm getting a half dozen calls a day, for 5 days running. I am not a customer of theirs, it is a wrong number. I confirmed this to them on their second call, yet they called back within 30 minutes and repeatedly asked for someone who doesn't live here and I don't know. Each CSR claims to have "completely removed my number from their systems".

28th of Dec, 2007

This is totally correct. HSBC will ignore your demands to stop calling, and will never leave a message on the machine. I have seen several numbers, most often 800-684-8429. I went online and took my home and work phone numbers off of the account and put on my side business phone number, which is on a machine all day and does not ring audibly. i did this today; we'll see if this stops the harassment. I get calls even after a payment is made; they start on the due date, even if the payment is made online and I can see it on the screen.

I have also read that FDIC collection practices specifically prohibit this kind of harassment. I don't know if there are liquidated damages available under that law / regulation, but if there are, there has to be an attorney somewhere who's willing to file a class action lawsuit!!

8th of Nov, 2008

I am not nor have I ever been a customer of HSBC, yet they call me several times during each day beginning at 08:00AM and ending by 10:00PM. It does not matter that I tell them that the person they are asking for does not live at this house and to stop calling me. I just retired and moved to this location and simply wish that I could enjoy my retirement without all of the constant interuptions.

• 26
      16th of Sep, 2009

surely...even my sister is getting calls...its tottaly ###ed up now... they will be soon in danger if the calls dont stop! any solutions to it??