HSBC / unwanted phone calls from hsbc

United States Review updated:
I get 8 calls a day, even on Sunday from HSBC, they are for my daughter who does live here... who can I call to stop these calls?

A  12th of Jun, 2007 by
I am in the same boat. They call my husbands phone a ridiculous amount of times from the 1st to the 15th of the month. A lot of times it will be at least 10 calls in 1 day in half hour intervals. I finally answered the call just to complain and talked to some woman that sounded like she was in India. I had also checked my bank statement online and it said the payment was taken out of my account on the 5th of the month. I have NEVER had a late payment.. yet they still proceed to harass me. I said.. "Well, there IS a 15 day grace period, I don't think I should get a call until the 15th day if the payment hasn't posted." She says " Well, are you aware that's it's already the 12th?" NO DUH LADY!

Yeesh, this company makes me mad. Being a first time homeowner I'm new to this, but I can't take this company and I want out of their clutches! If anyone has any good advice on a way to get them to stop calling me that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
A  22nd of Jun, 2007 by
I too am having the same problem with my cell phone. About five days ago HSBC has started calling at about the same time every day. I have made several attempts to get them to stop calling. I have had this cell number for several years and I have just started receiving these calls. The number they are calling from is 909-397-3080. If you call the number you are greeted by an automated machine that indicates that they are with HSBC. Also if you Google the number you get a hit for a HSBC website.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post a solution to this problem.
A  21st of Sep, 2007 by
I'm getting a half dozen calls a day, for 5 days running. I am not a customer of theirs, it is a wrong number. I confirmed this to them on their second call, yet they called back within 30 minutes and repeatedly asked for someone who doesn't live here and I don't know. Each CSR claims to have "completely removed my number from their systems".
A  28th of Dec, 2007 by
This is totally correct. HSBC will ignore your demands to stop calling, and will never leave a message on the machine. I have seen several numbers, most often 800-684-8429. I went online and took my home and work phone numbers off of the account and put on my side business phone number, which is on a machine all day and does not ring audibly. i did this today; we'll see if this stops the harassment. I get calls even after a payment is made; they start on the due date, even if the payment is made online and I can see it on the screen.

I have also read that FDIC collection practices specifically prohibit this kind of harassment. I don't know if there are liquidated damages available under that law / regulation, but if there are, there has to be an attorney somewhere who's willing to file a class action lawsuit!!
A  8th of Nov, 2008 by
I am not nor have I ever been a customer of HSBC, yet they call me several times during each day beginning at 08:00AM and ending by 10:00PM. It does not matter that I tell them that the person they are asking for does not live at this house and to stop calling me. I just retired and moved to this location and simply wish that I could enjoy my retirement without all of the constant interuptions.
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by
surely...even my sister is getting calls...its tottaly ###ed up now... they will be soon in danger if the calls dont stop! any solutions to it??

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings