HSBC Bank Credit Card / keep charging account I do not use

This started with my account having AOL being charged to it and wanting to stop payment. I was in Iraq for a year and thought that my AOL account had been closed, however it was still being charged to my card. I attempted to contact AOL to stop them collecting the fee for a service I was not receiving. Due to not having the phone number or the screen name, I had a problem trying to get them to talk to me about the account. I then in January called Household Bank to stop payment. They told me I would need to try to contact AOL and work it out. After trying for a couple more months I then called back and explained in detail what was going on. I was told at that time they would place the account in dispute ( this was March). The next month I noticed that I was still being charged for this and called again. I was told that sometime it took awhile to put this into dispute and to stop payment, however I would have to pay or it would have a negative impact on my credit. The next month again, it showed up on my bill and again I called. I was told that there had just been an error and they would get it corrected but unless I wanted to have it impact my credit I needed to pay. In June I was able to get a different phone number from their web area to get thru to AOL and finally was able to have them stop. I told them of the problem I was having and they stated that I should have contacted my credit card if I had a problem with getting thru. I then called back my credit card company and told them this and they stated that I just need to keep paying my bill or my credit rating would suffer. I stopped paying them. They show me as being late for the account and they keep sending me bills. They have sent me letters stating that they have put the account in dispute (4 of them were dated for the same day with different numbers). They stated that they had arranged to have HSBC, AOL and myself talk over the phone and this was sent out on 09Oct2006 however I never received this letter.

The just of all of this is that I just called [protected] this last week and was transferred twice trying to get thru to a supervisor, I was told that my account would be credited the fees of $90.00 however, the credit report that shows me late and part of the money still stands. I was told that “If it is not in writing it was not in dispute no matter what was said to you over the phone.” They went on to tell me that they could tell me anything but if it was not in writing, it was my problem.

Sincerely,
Douglas

Card Issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

One HSBC Center
Buffalo
NY 14203

Talking to HSBC

P.O. Box 80053
Salinas, CA [protected]

Do

Comments

• Ga
      20th of Aug, 2008

I have a 600.00$ creditcard debt from HSBC bank on my credit report that was'nt my. In year 2005 it has stated I had opened an account, at the time I was only 15 years old. If you would please contact me by email on what I can do as far as getting this disputed off my report, or if you have any information about this.