HSBC Auto Finance / lying reps

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is by far the worst auto loan company I have ever had a loan with! Their customer service reps are rude and very misleading! I have been trying to get a loan differment for only one payment. The rep told me I could call back after catching up a payment to do so, but what a liar! I called back to do the arrangment, but we can't until our hardship is over! Why on earth would you need a differment if you didn't have a hardship? They are just waiting for everyone to lose their cars. They don't care anything about their customers as long as they get their money. These so called customer service reps had no idea how to get me any kind of corporate number. You can't even speak to anyone that can relate to your situation, because they are overseas in the Phillipines. It really stinks not being able to resolve anything or speak to anyone. I would never ever go through this bank for auto financing ever again! If you are thinking of buying a car or refinancing, do not go through them! They do not work with their customers you're just another dollar sign. Go with a good company that really cares for their customers.

Kr

Comments

8th of Oct, 2009

kinda the same situation here.me and my ex girlfriend bought a truck 4 yrs ago.i was the buyer and she was the co-buyer.we went are seperate ways 3 yrs ago and she claimed bankruptcy 2yrs ago.so 2 yrs ago i the buyer tried to make my truck payment online and i couldnt login.so i call the number they gave me and they told me she had claimed bankruptcy (co-buyer) and that i wont be able to pay online 0r get a monthly statement until the bankruptcy was dismissed and that all payments made would go strictly to the principle, which i the buyer thought was great.so i continue making my payments and phone calls every few months to check the status of the account.i didnt like the fact that i was paying for something and not seeing my balance go down, but really couldnt do anything about it, atleast thats what i thought..i then went to the same dealership i got the truck from and told them i want to refinance the truck for the remainder 5k owed on it so i can try to remove my exgirlfriends (co-buyer) name completely off of it.so they the sales guy comes to me and says that i am denied for the refinance because i have a repo /bad auto debt on my credit report.so right now i am furious.i call hsbc and they say that its not a bad debt or a repo and they want to me to pull my credit report and fax it to them.so i do that and they tell me that they are not gonna take it off of my credit report but yet it still shouldnt be there.so the truck gets towed the very next day for a parking violation at work.so i go to the police department to get the release form and pay the tickets and the clerks there tell me this is not my vehicle that i am not on the title and that i cant get it out and that i should call the bank.so i call the bank and after a few hours on the phone they tell me that i am not on the title and that they will send me the title along with a form to be added to the title.so right now at this point i am furious, i have been making all these payments for a truck and the titles not even in my name and my credit shows a bad debt for it.so i go to the dmv and have them pull the paperwork on the truck and show them the original carbon copy buyers agreement and the lady there tells me she never seen anything like this.she prints a copy and shows me what she has which was the same exact buyers agreement except without my name or signature.so i asked for a copy and she told me she couldnt for privacy policies.so a few days later the overnighted title comes in.so i then go to the police department with all of this paperwork and credit report and payment history of the truck and was in the for 2 hrs trying to figure this out.the clerk there was awesome.she gives me the paperwork that the dmv has(which i am not suppose to have) and she tells me "you didnt get this from me".she then goes over them with me and i quickly noticed a a signature that wasnt mine.so somewhere along the line my signature was forged a few times and i am wipped clean from it.this all supposedly happened the day we bought the truck atleast thats what the date says that could of been doctored up also.so after taking all this in in a very short period, i decide that i dont want the truck.my names not on the title or buyers agreement that the dmv has, i owe the bank the bluebook value and to top it all my credit screwed with a bad debt even though it wasnt a bad debt.so we come to the conclusion i am not gonna sign the title because if i do i am on the hook for the remainder of the balanc and it will still show as a bad debt on my credit.so now i am fighting with hsbc and talking to transunion about this matter, because how is it on my credit report and i am not on the title and or buyers agreement that the dmv has.this all happened within the past week and i will return with a post on the outcome.any advice would be appreciated.thanks for being an ear for me to vent my frustration

• Sh
      17th of Nov, 2009

I would like to agree with California on the Reps misleading a person who has an auto loan with this company. I had problems with getting a deferment or apply for a hardship, after I took a large income loss last year. They told me once I brought payments to 60 days, I could go online to apply for a hardship to try and lower my payments. I searched all over the website, and even called for assistant, but never received a response on how to "apply" for this hardship. Unfortunately two weeks ago my car was taken into repossession. I called the next day to discuss recover my car.
    The first thing I was told was "at anytime your car can be taken into auction", yet proceeded to tell me that I had 15 days until it was put up for auction. Of courese they do not disclose where car has been taken, which is understandable. I understood I had 15 days.
    I discussed a dollar amount with the representative and let him know I would call back the next day. I called to inform rep that I would have payment within four days. I begged and borrowed from friends and family to get enough money to recover car.
    Once I paid, I called the representative back to find out how to go about getting car. (they do not give out ANY info unless you are paid up). All he did was give me a number to call. I contacted the agency that had my car to make arrangements for me to pick up - when I asked where abouts they were located, they informed me Northfield, OH...I said excuse me, I live near Grand Rapids, MI. After finding out this place was over 4.5 hours away, they said I need to call HSBC back because there was nothing they could.
    I immediately called back the Rep that I was working with, he acted like it was not a big deal and that he said in the beginning the car could be moved at anytime for auction. I expressed the fact that I spoke with him numerous times that I was paying on it and I thought I had 15 days. Still did not care much for what I was saying. I said that is just wrong that a car would be moved OUT OF THE STATE that the person lives. I asked for a department head, and just went in circles talking to individuals.
    At this point, I am disgusted that I even paid up my loan to get my car back. This company is very difficult and has no compassion for their customers and today's economy. I know I take some blame for allowing my car to go into default, but all I asked for was a little understanding and the fact that my car was taken out of state is just adding fuel to my frustration.