HSBC Auto Finance / repossession after 2 delinquent months

After having my last four cars financed through HSBC over the period of about 13 years, HSBC repossessed my car for not paying my note after 2 months. I decided I couldn't afford the notes so it was a blessing. In any case, I have been paying the collection agency the balance, on time for 8 months and just got a call from them offering a settlement of 35% of the balance to close the account because HSBC is taking the account back from them tomorrow. SERIOUSLY??!!! What are you doing to us????? I have already vowed never to do business with such a company but now to only give 24 hours notice to the collections agency and representatives unable to answer questions is pretty ridiculous!!!

Va

Comments

• Rd
      8th of Jul, 2008

I had paid religiously my $602 per month car payment. Due to an operation, I was late for 2 months. When I got up this afternoon to drive to the Store, the car was repossessed. I was never called or notified. When I call HSBC I was referrred to a IRENE GOMEZ EXT. 5503. I was very upset as I have a job interview on Friday in San Jose. Instead, I was told my voice mail that Irene had a 24 hour delay and those who called would be served on a FCFS basis. It was 3:30pm. I called again and then was told that Irene was in her office, but that she would go home at 4pm. I stated that I was very upset and I needed what I had to do. IRENE GOMEZ NEVER BOTHERED TO EVEN CALL.
    This is just another example of another European Bank being allowed in the USA and we citizens being treated like ###!

15th of Oct, 2008

I have a good idea.. Pay your bill... or take out dissability insurance.. Most people never plan for emergancys and then complain if something comes up.. most people know if the have an upcomming surgery.. so dont use that has a reason for being late. you even said that you had a job interview.. how do you expect to pay a 602 pmt with no job ?? get real.. I dont work for hsbc but have worked for car finance co's in the past.. if you show a history of being late and then go 60+ days past due with only making one phone call.. then grow up.. face the fact, you couldnt afford the auto and are passing the buck on to the bank.. the reason people pay high rates on their autos is because of people like you.. You accually think the bank wants your auto back ??? they almost always loose money on them .. Try crying to your momma

• Be
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Hello Madaam or Sir,
    My name is Myrtle bell My social security number . I have a auto loan with HSBC SAILING CALIFORNIA #1403. I've called you thru June 2009 for you to pick-up the chevy cavalier. The car is in the city of Pompano Beach, Florida. The address is a cross road at 210 Ne 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue. It is in a resident parking lot. Please come and get this car so this matter would be resolved.

• Ml
      12th of Apr, 2010

My father had financed his 07 GMC pickup truck with HSBC that was given to me (his daughter) as a gift. After his passing in September 2009, his wife told me she was returning the truck back to the company but instead gave it to her daughter who had been at least 4 months behind on payments still has the truck and it is still listed under my fathers name. How can your company allow people to keep a vehicle who's owner is deceased? Whether or not the truck has been paid, this shouldn't have been put off as long as it has. Your company should have taken the vehicle back until they were able to refinance it themselves, instead they are still using my fathers credit to keep the truck. This horrorifies me as well as my family.