HSBC & AIG / this appears to be a scam!
Aig stated that my husband filled out a credit card form for me with hsbc to receive a master card. today I received a call at work from hsbc for late payment. once I inquired about it there were charges from aig (hsbc's insurance provider). this appears to be a scam. aig is pretending to know about the charge and pretending that my husband verbally ok'd the insurance (which he never did) and hsbc is charging me (including late charges) for a service from aig (their partner) that I never approved.
Hsbc refuses to cancel the charge based on my husband's phone call. aig refuses to cancel or credit my acct based on my phone call. so both of them acknowledge that the master card is in my name and not requested by me and that the insurance is supposingly requested by my husband and not me.
The operator at hsbc stated that there are hundreds of complaints and that's why I can't get through. I wonder why.
Aig claims that they will credit me for the $51.90 charged and hsbc's billing office is now closed (the operator did not know... i've been on the phone for 2 hours). however, the bill is for $83.90. hsbc's operator says to call back in 2 days. hopefully this will be resolved. but, I still feel this is a scam.
More HSBC & AIG Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC UAE - Poor Service 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Dubai - bank
- HSBC Holdings - credit card application
- HSBC (UAE) - deceiving policies
- HSBC Holdings - complaining about fraud
- HSBC (UAE) - cash withdrawal from atm of sharjah city, centre atm machine on 12 oct 2016