H&R Block / emerald card
I opted to use the Emerald card for my tax refund with HR Block. Everything was fine, until I noticed that my balance was much lower than it should be. After checking my transactions online, I saw what I assumed to be a simple error on their part. I had purchased two airline tickets totalling $610.80. The two tickets were listed under my completed transactions with two seperate charges of $305.40. The total charge of $610.80 was also still listed under pending transactions and being deducted from my balance a second time.
I called customer service. That was my first mistake. The representative clearly had no idea what I was trying to explain and rather than attempt to understand the problem, she simply told me that my problem would be escalated due to a system error and resolved in a day or two. I had a feeling she was just telling me this to collect my $2.00 charge and get me off the phone and so I called again the next day.
Of course, there were no notes on my file and the representative I talked to simply told me that this needed to be escalate to another dept, blah, blah, blah. I asked the name of the dept - no answer. A file or case # I could refer to - no such thing. How about a supervisor - nope. In the end I was transferred to the dispute dept. After a 20 minute hold, I spoke with a young lady who advised that she not only wasn't the dispute dept but that I had to call another # to get that dept. I called the # and was given a fax # to send a written dispute too.
I am not necessarily aggravated about what I would assume is probably a system type error. I am positively disgusted by the shoddy and miserable service I received. Clearly, if you have a problem this is not the company you want to deal with which is really a shame since i have used them for years. They have not only lost a valuable customer, but a vocal one at that.
More H&R Block Complaints & Reviews
- H & R Block - tax refund scam! 
- H&R Block - emerald advance 
- H&R Block Tax Course - tax course 
- H&R Block Emerald Card - economic relief check scam 
- H & R Block - h & r block is a nightmare! 
- H&R Block - complaint against company
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - my understanding is that h&r block has an agreement with irs to file a 1040ez for free for someone whose earnings are $66k or less 
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - fees and proper preparation
- H&R Block Emerald Card - emerald card - fraud/missing money
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - tax preparer