HP / TC1100 Tablet PC / unreliable product
I was so excited the first time I learned about the HP Tablet. I replaced my heavier Dell and thought that, as a woman, how wonderful to have something that was lightweight and had the tablet writing capabilities. So my business partner and I both bought machines - $5000+ was a huge expense for a small business but, at the time, we thought it was worth it. Over the past three years, we have both replaced hard drives every year. The last straw for me was when I learned that the power supply is connected to the mother board. When my power supply plug in on the side of the machine broke and I was going to have to replace the mother board - or try to resauter the power supply to the mother board with no guarantee that that would work - I gave up.
This was the most frustrating, depressing experience I've ever had. Now I have a machine that has a new hard drive in it but isn't reliable enough to use or fix. I spent $5000+ of my company's money when I could have spent half as much and had a reliable machine from our typical supplier - Dell. And this doesn't include the labor to replace hard drives and diagnose problems.
This has been a very, very expensive decision. One that I would never make again.
More HP / TC1100 Tablet PC Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet 5255 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - product
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hewlett-packard / hp envy x360
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - unexpected charge for tech support 
- Hewlett Packard - tech support/possible scam