Hp Smartfriends — scam
HP Smartfriends miss represented their services to me when I applied in January. They installed Mozy Pro back up on my HP computer and said I could cancel at any time. They failed to explain that it would be a $70.00 cancellation fee. They said I could cancel HP Smartfriends and still retain Mozy Pro Backup which wasn't true. They told me that if anything happened to my computer that I would be able to connect to Mozy Pro and download my files and saved programs to my new computer. This also isn't true.
Recently my computer crashed I purchased a new computer I called to have Mozy Pro installed on my new computer they failed and were unable to download my files after 3 attempts. After a month waiting for them to call me back I called and another person made an attempt, He also failed. I needed my records so I sent my old hard drive of to get the records off of it. It cost me $180.00. I called HP Smart Friends a told them to cancel my contract and they said a manager would call me within 10 days. After 14 business days I called them and demanded to speak to a manager they transferred me to 5 different Techs and to last finally put me in touch with customer service. Oh buy the way I first called on April 8, 2013 and on the 18th they charged my credit card for another months service. I ask for a total refund of $99.67 that I had paid. They refused and said they would cancel for $70.00. They did refund me the last month. The whole experience with HP Smartfriends has cost me over $300.00 including getting my old hard drive copied for 4 months for absolutely nothing. When you call HP Smartfriends you never know who you are talking to, you get someone different that maybe anywhere in the world. HP Smartfriends is RIP OFF.
More Hp Smartfriends Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hp Pl4260n 42 - failure to work
- Hp, Monitor, 22xi, - started hazzy lines and went bad within 4 months, accepted for repair but not completed within 2 months and requestint two more months now 
- HP - hp products and customer service 
- HP - repair scam 
- HP - shipment delayed by 3 weeks