Hp Pavilion Dv2000

Posted:

Laptop problems

3.5
I have purchased dv pavilion 2000 in January. But began to create problems for me after one month it had display problem. Sometimes display began to spark. Sometimes it touch pad leave working. It also become unstable and hang everyday. It's Keyboard also leave working and a key is also not working properly. One USB slot also stop working. I have to face a new problem on every log in. I am frustrated. I have also taken it to service center four time. But problem become again and again.
Complaint comments Comments (49)    Updated: Complaint country India Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

N  22nd of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased an HP15-F272 laptop as a christmas gift. I have called HP customer service to be told that I have to pay another $200.00, because I have bad software causing me not to be able to play a movie. Or take a one time fix for $79.00...I've paid for the laptop, paid for 2 years over the 1 year warranty that HP has with the product to find out that it does not cover bad software. I can not reach anyone local to talk to, it's always someone in a foreign country and they keep telling me I have to pay and nothing else can be done.
N  16th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
mere laptop ke display per 8screen hote hote aur ye kbi kbar tek be hojata hai. lekin zeada harab hota hai.
A  1st of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
hellomy name is Rinku goswami i have purchace hp pavillon 2000 laptop but not b instaal oprating system xp ...stop error 0x0000007b please erroe solve to...
A  4th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I bought HP DV2000 with my hard earned money in 2009 and just after a month untill today, i could never use it even a single time without all sorts of problem, now finally it is placing one foot in grave as the screen is going crazy and noting is possible with blank. It is such a shame that this company is deaf and blind to take my money for such a inferior product.
N  31st of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
I've had horrible experience with this laptop and future generations of the same type of HP laptops, too!
I have decided to document my experience in my blog. feel free to visit and leave your comments/horror stories!

N  29th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have a dv 2000 is nothing but problems, do not buy HP at all. never ever again.
A  19th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Your problem is a bad Nvidia video chip. Do a Youtube.com search and you will find how to attack the problem. The solution is not pretty or easy but it can be done. The DV series laptops are complete garbage. Once you get it running again, put a fan under it. It will help it from happening again.
N  11th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I bought a hp pavillion dv2000 1 year ago from a friend and no display at all, replaced the lcd with new but the problem still exist. There are light signals on its panel. I tried the new Lcd from other laptop and its working. What will I do...i`m quite disappointed about it now
N  11th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I bought a hp pavillion dv2000 1 year ago from a friend and no display at all, replaced the lcd but the problem exist. There is light signal on its panel. I tried the new Lcd from other laptop and its working. What will I do...i`m quite disappointed about it now.
N  12th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

HP Pavilion DV2000 - function button pressed
Israel

My computer turns on with the function light switched on, and there seems to be nothing i can do to turn it of.
in Order to write normally, i have to keep the function button pressed all the time.
What can i do?
N  4th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
i will recommend not to buy HP because there laptops are not reliable just like you are changing your clothes its better to get MAC free viruses.
A  4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
i have the same problem. I push the power button and all that i get are blue led lights. I can hear the cd drive for a few moments then nothing. this is the worst product I have ever seen with no support. I bet you that HP is laughing all the way to the bank because I guess they dont have to make things right.
N  21st of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am using the same (dv2000 series), for initial 1 year all are good but just 2 months down the line, Batery problem, few buttons in the keypad not working some times, screen resolution some time like damn old 486 monitor... lot of problem with out any resolution and this HP service center guys are busy with getting extended waranty for their customers.. What rubisshhhhhh... PLEASE NEVER GO FOR ANY HP PRODUCT, THEY ARE CHEATING LIKE ANY THING ... MY LAP IS JUST LIKE A WASTE BOX NOW..
A  11th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Purchased Hp Dv series Laptop and burnt Motherboard For once a year...

thats my the tragedy

jus F off Hp Lap
A  30th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have a dv2ooo model the screen also blacked out had it replaced under warrenty now the screen has lines jumping up and down then it turns start up blue colour still with sound and opperating behind no screen is this the motherboard 800 nz dollars to repair
N  20th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I bought an HP DV 2000 series in 2007. I used it for 6 months only then the screen stop working. When I called customer servive, I was informed of a manufacture defect with the motherboard. I returned it for repair and the same problem with the screen few months later. I have a GATEWAY laptop from 2004 and it works well, do not buy HP it´s crap. Compre una HP DV 2000, la use por solo 6 meses y la pantalla no enciende, la mande a reparar pero fue inutil, porque meses despues tuve el mismo problema, se calienta muy rapido y el ventilador no es lo suficientemente grande para enfriarla, se le tiene que comprar un cooler aparte para que no se recaliente, es una Laptop malisima, no se la recomiendo a nadie.
A  18th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just got off line with one of HP's trained monkeys, over the DV2000 known defect, no boot/video issue, I had to tell the dolt where to look on their site for the extended service information and he still denir=ed everything... NEVER buy HP Products, they do not have the balls to stand behind the garbage they make. They think that they can offer overpriced service inplace of the lawfully required warranty repairs. The idiot offered a "discounted" repair price of 289 dollars US (going repair rate is under 190 us by independent service providers), a whole 100 dollars less than their RETAIL rate. which is MORE than the damned thing cost new on clearance... They KNEW about the issue alright...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3308892&docname=c01087277#c01087277_identify They screwed me on one other Laptop, this one was my nieces or they would not have gotten a cent for it
A  11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
never buy hp laptops it is the worst in this world. it had all the problems in all parts.
N  31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
oh and I forgot to mention that this is not just an HP/Compaq issue .. (the F730us series suffer from this too) ... but has been seen with Apple. (iBook GPU fiasco) and their new line as well with the Nvidia Gpu's and don't' go blaming NVidia ... It happens with the ATi video chips as well.. I have confirmed this whit more than just one laptop from different manufacturers.
N  31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just came across this tread ... To be clear it is a manufacturing issue and something that HP did try to fix and did extend the warranty's for an extra year on these laptops... it does cover the entire dv *000 line the 2000, 6000, 9000. What has and is happening is the GPU from NVidia (video chip) gets too hot and the gooey thermal pad they used in manufacturing expands and contracts with heat and cold separating the GPU from the systemboard. The only thing keeping it attached any how is a BGA (Ball Grid array) wich is just a bunch of little solder balls that hold the chip to the systemboard..

With that said HP did try to reduce the heat on the GPU with a bios update that allows the fan to run at a higher speed by default and more often. Also they utilized a red hard silicone to create another physical bond to the systemboard... neither of these really helped much ..

There is still the option of either replacing the systemboard.. or .. have an outside service Re-Flow the gpu for you ...

or send it to me .. my full write up on this issue is at ... http://cegeekbook.blogspot.com/2009/11/dv6000-no-video-no-wireless-issue.html

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Customer Care Service