Hp Notebook Pavilion Dv6880se / warranty
Purchased laptop in Panama February 2009 for the purpose of assisting me to navigate across the Pacific Ocean to Australia. Before we were half way across the Pacific, the notebook failed. Sought to contact HP via email, no response, and again many times no response. I took it to French Polonesia, then Samoa, HP resellers, both advised the system board had failed, offered the view that the notebook should be repalced by HP as it was very new and in their experience were the system board to be replaced the laptop would not perform reliably. Neither could assist with warranty.
Navigation across Ocean, demands reliability of computer equipment not just to know where you are or are going but also for critical weather forecasts.
Took it to a HP reseller in Fiji. Here support was offered and the laptop was delivered to HP repair facility. Again the system board was diagnosed as having failed.
Again we were advised to press for a new repalcement laptop. This time the complaint was properly acknowledged by HP and given the case number [protected] log number 1344. Its been three weeks, and despite promises, no one will tell me whether I will get a new laptop if it will be repaired or even if I get it back!!
As a visitor to Fiji I can stay only a few more days.
The lap top was delivered to the fiji waranty assessement place 6 months after purchase, but had already been unable to power up for more then 3 months.
It is my experience, that HP warranty people simply dont care, any one considering the purchase of a HP product would be well advised to NOT believe the promises in the warranty information handed to them.
More Hp Notebook Pavilion Dv6880se Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - product out of specification