HP - Compaq Presario Notebook / not replacing the machine

1 India Review updated:

I bought my laptop 5 months back. Have encountered the same problem three times and also went to their service centre three times for the same. They are just not able to find the problem and simply reinstalling windows again and again. They are just trying to pass time so that my warranty expires and then I will be paying for any problem. As a student I have wasted a lot of money and time on this in the mid of my semester when my projects are going on and had to use my laptop for them. Hp being such a reputed company is not listening to my complaint. I wanted my machine to be replaced so that I can carry on with my project. They are simply not taking it.

Comments

Ga
  30th of Oct, 2007

I have an HP Compaq Presario V6000 laptop and it was recalled in August of 2007 and returned. I am retired an only use this lap top when on vacation for Wifi email. In October 2007 it was out of warranty and the Wifi went out. doing a search for Presario V6000 I came on an HP web site (or blog) where hundreds of people had complained about the same problem in the last twelve months or so. I then wrote to the CEO of HP, his contact form was on HP's web site, and asked if HP was going to recall all of their computers with a defective WiFi connection. No answer to date. Any company that would ignore a problem that has effected so many of their customers is really not looking out for their public image. I think Costco and Sams should give serious thought to handling HP computers until such time as they take care of their customer complaints

cc: Costco and Sams.

Mo
  3rd of Mar, 2008

A friend and I have bought an HP Compaq Presario V6000 laptop in August 2006 and they both crashed 2 weeks after each other just within the one year warranty. Motherboards for both laptops were replaced by HP. My laptop has now crashed again about 5 months of motherboard replacement. 2nd motherboard replacement is required but I only got 3 months warranty on the 1st replacement. The shop where I bought it (Mycom) is not very helpful and I'm now contacting HP directly for a complaint. I don't think that two crashes within 18 months is acceptable for this purchase.
I think there's something basicly wrong in the machine which results in a built up of a certain voltage which then kills the motherboard.
Have no confident in this machine anymore.

Ta
  16th of Apr, 2008

I have bought a HP Compaq Presario V6000 laptop in march 16, it was working well for 1 yr, as the year passed the warranty expired the keyboard had some problem it was not working at all, so had gone to hp authorised centre they checked for 5 min n said that mothrboard is to be replaced. so the company makes the devices which last till the warranty period. i like to inform that hp is useless company.I want my machine to be replaced,

Sh
  18th of Jul, 2008

My Compaq presario V6000 did the same things. I also barely bumped the screen and it cracked! Which of course isn't covered by the warranty. My CD rom drive went out after about 3-4 months of the purchase, then the screen cracked on getting bumped, then the entire laptop refused to turn on and their saying they have to replace the motherboard. They "offered" to return the laptop to me with no replacements since the screen was not to be fixed anyways... Yeah right! Fix my machine! I'll just use an external display from now on. Also, FYI- I chatted with an HP technician online (10 minutes for a 30 sec question...) about having the notebook automatically connect to an external display and they said that is impossible due to their internal configurations. Hopefully the half of screen that still shows will be enough to switch to the external display...!

Le
  18th of Jul, 2008

Tamana, that is the reason why companies sell extended services. Maybe the lesson has been learned.

Ph
  12th of May, 2009

Hi Tamana, i am also facing the same problem (dead motherboard) with my Compaq Preasrio V3424AU and their service centre in Kolkata has told me to get the motherboard replaced at a minimum cost of Rs. 10000. I have already written to Hitesh Raj Bhagawat of Living Digital. i have already made up my mind not to buy any product from HP in my lifetime from now.

Unfortunately, Kds comment of selling extended warranty does not make any sense as HP does not have any extended warranty facility for this laptop models. HP would not be giving any extended warranty as HP knew they are selling inferior quality products in the market.

- Phungkha Bargayary

Xj
  4th of Dec, 2010

Ok, so this answers my questions, for the most...
I bought a Compaq Presario (not sure which model) for $50 about two weeks ago. It had been dropped and from what I knew the harddrive had went out on it. So I decided I could buy me a new harddrive and have a working laptop to use for my needs and wants. Well its designed for Windows Vista and has a one year warranty, and since I already took it appart, I guess there is no getting a refund or replacement since I have no receipt and attempted to fix it myself, am I right?