Hotwire.com / deceptive website!
Hotwire.com presented itself as a discount reseller of airline tickets. As I entered my destination and dates to get some prices for a round trip ticket the website required me to enter my credit card number. As I looked around for different flights at different times and prices, the website displayed a 'Thank You' message and informed me that I just made a purchase and 'All sales are final' and 'There are no refunds'.
I tried contacting the company by phone but could not get anyone to answer. I called my credit card company, Discover, and put the transaction in to dispute. They did a routine investigation and sent me some copies of Hotwire.com's refund policy. I am still disputing the charge.
The price of ticket was ridiculously high for the flight offered: $454.00 for a flight that required me to change planes in Denver, as compared to the flight I actually booked on Cheaptickets.com for the price of $294.31. In addition, Cheaptickets.com will give you credit for canceled flights if you do so within 48 hours of booking!
Why would any reasonable person choose to do business with Hotwire.com?!?!?!
More Hotwire.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - hotwire does not send a refund promised by them = stealing my money
- Hotwire - hotwire stole my money!
- Hotwire - car rental
- Hotwire - no refund given despite initially committing to do so...
- Hotwire - hotel "hot rate" lies and deceitfulness.