Hotwire.com / charged for room when not booked!

I used Hotwire.com to find a hotel room. When I attempted to book the room I got a response that the room was not available. I moved on and booked a room at another hotel through another service. I received no confirmation email of a booking. Next thing I know I received a survey from Hotwire to rate my stay at that hotel. I pointed out through the customer support email that I had not successfully booked the room. They told me to call a toll free number. I called the number and after being passed from the first person to a "post booking specialist" I was told that their computer showed that the booking was confirmed and confirmation was sent. I repeated that I got a message that the room was unavailable and no confirmation email. They finally said that they do not give refunds.

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Apr, 2008

Your service is very poor, I am very disgusted with your services,
    I gave the correct date of services needed for my hotel and your company booked the wrong dates, and I had to pay more money for your mistake. I will continue to make my complaint known around the world, no one should have to pay the price for your company's incompetent staff. You did not provide the service in which you promised.