Hotwire.com / charged for room when not booked!
I used Hotwire.com to find a hotel room. When I attempted to book the room I got a response that the room was not available. I moved on and booked a room at another hotel through another service. I received no confirmation email of a booking. Next thing I know I received a survey from Hotwire to rate my stay at that hotel. I pointed out through the customer support email that I had not successfully booked the room. They told me to call a toll free number. I called the number and after being passed from the first person to a "post booking specialist" I was told that their computer showed that the booking was confirmed and confirmation was sent. I repeated that I got a message that the room was unavailable and no confirmation email. They finally said that they do not give refunds.
More Hotwire.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - cancellation reneging
- Hotwire - hotwire does not send a refund promised by them = stealing my money
- Hotwire - hotwire stole my money!
- Hotwire - car rental
- Hotwire - no refund given despite initially committing to do so...